Bathed dog in gasoline.

Breed: shihtzu
my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for about a week, my sister bathed ashley with gasoline,thinking that it would kill the fleas.ashley's skin turned red and after 3 days,she was very weak and her armpits were secreting pus.we were able to cure the infected areas by applying topical antibiotics(mupirocin) and betadine.but now,a lot of hair is falling after the skin healed, and the skin's turning gray with black patches.her armpits,belly, legs, back and neck are the affected areas.please help me find a solution for this matter because im afraid that ashley wont be able to grow her hair again.she's pretty much healthy and energetic now, except for her hair.thank you.
Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Bathing a dog with gasoline is something that could be considered animal cruelty. Gasoline can cause chemical burns to the body. If a dog ingests it it can cause serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract and if it is inhaled it can cause life threatening problems with the lungs.

Please take this dog to see a vet right away.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Tumor on a guinea pig. Hi Marie, My daughter's 14 month old guinea pig has a tumor with a thick, scaly... (8088 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (9795 views)

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (6544 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (4976 views)

Bleeding after whelping. My female dog is now bleeding again 8 weeks after having her pups. Now I know she's... (52091 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (6889 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (7977 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (6058 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (6019 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (8421 views)