Do dogs get chicken pox?

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and now star has got. A rash full of red spots that look like chicken pox all over her belly could it be that and what would she need or should i just let it pass by an its own thankyou x

Chicken pox is not at all contagious from people to dogs. In fact, dogs don't get chicken pox at all.

The most common reason for spots on a dogs belly is a bacterial skin infection. These always need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

If the spots are all on the belly it could be due to mosquito or blackfly bites but the time of year is wrong for this.

I'd advise a vet visit soon. If we catch a skin infection sooner rather than later it is much easier to treat!

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (8121 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (12703 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (9779 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (26505 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (11749 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (27964 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (15154 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (7594 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (13877 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (10131 views)