Do dogs get chicken pox?

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and now star has got. A rash full of red spots that look like chicken pox all over her belly could it be that and what would she need or should i just let it pass by an its own thankyou x

Chicken pox is not at all contagious from people to dogs. In fact, dogs don't get chicken pox at all.

The most common reason for spots on a dogs belly is a bacterial skin infection. These always need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

If the spots are all on the belly it could be due to mosquito or blackfly bites but the time of year is wrong for this.

I'd advise a vet visit soon. If we catch a skin infection sooner rather than later it is much easier to treat!

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7868 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11862 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (39997 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4635 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (56791 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (11138 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (8117 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12032 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (4825 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7658 views)