Do dogs get chicken pox?

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and now star has got. A rash full of red spots that look like chicken pox all over her belly could it be that and what would she need or should i just let it pass by an its own thankyou x

Chicken pox is not at all contagious from people to dogs. In fact, dogs don't get chicken pox at all.

The most common reason for spots on a dogs belly is a bacterial skin infection. These always need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

If the spots are all on the belly it could be due to mosquito or blackfly bites but the time of year is wrong for this.

I'd advise a vet visit soon. If we catch a skin infection sooner rather than later it is much easier to treat!

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (20756 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (10963 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (27958 views)

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (6412 views)

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (42342 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (6223 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (24204 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10469 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (10024 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (19775 views)