Do dogs get chicken pox?

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and now star has got. A rash full of red spots that look like chicken pox all over her belly could it be that and what would she need or should i just let it pass by an its own thankyou x

Chicken pox is not at all contagious from people to dogs. In fact, dogs don't get chicken pox at all.

The most common reason for spots on a dogs belly is a bacterial skin infection. These always need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

If the spots are all on the belly it could be due to mosquito or blackfly bites but the time of year is wrong for this.

I'd advise a vet visit soon. If we catch a skin infection sooner rather than later it is much easier to treat!

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (11637 views)

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (9566 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (15167 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (18741 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (73685 views)

Repeat of parvo? my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all... (23121 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (11891 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (18309 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10892 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (6330 views)