Do you like being a vet?

Breed: Tonkinese
Hi Dr. Marie
I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very healthy and doing great :)
But.. my question is just about your job.. do you like being a vet? I have decided I want to become a vet in the future and I just want an opinion on what your job is like.
I have talked to my veterinarian and I wanted another opinion.
I love animals and I can't really think of anything else I would really like to do in the future. I am going to try and volunteer at a vet clinic during the summer and I am considering taking co-op next year to get more experience.
I guess this isn't the type of question I should be asking, considering all the other questions are about problems pets are having, but I thought I'd give it a try.
If you choose to answer this question, thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it :)

Hi and thanks for your question.

I do love being a vet, but you have to be really sure this is what you want to do.

I see a lot of sad things. I guide a lot of people through difficult decisions about their pets. Being a vet is mostly about dealing with people and helping them make decisions.

The part of my job I like the most is problem solving. I love to take clues and figure out what is wrong with the animals.

I make a decent salary, but I could make a lot more in other professions (like human medicine).

Hope that answers your question!

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (13734 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4575 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (4618 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (13605 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (9818 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (36148 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15349 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (19649 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (49352 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (6827 views)