Do you like being a vet?

Breed: Tonkinese
Hi Dr. Marie
I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very healthy and doing great :)
But.. my question is just about your job.. do you like being a vet? I have decided I want to become a vet in the future and I just want an opinion on what your job is like.
I have talked to my veterinarian and I wanted another opinion.
I love animals and I can't really think of anything else I would really like to do in the future. I am going to try and volunteer at a vet clinic during the summer and I am considering taking co-op next year to get more experience.
I guess this isn't the type of question I should be asking, considering all the other questions are about problems pets are having, but I thought I'd give it a try.
If you choose to answer this question, thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it :)

Hi and thanks for your question.

I do love being a vet, but you have to be really sure this is what you want to do.

I see a lot of sad things. I guide a lot of people through difficult decisions about their pets. Being a vet is mostly about dealing with people and helping them make decisions.

The part of my job I like the most is problem solving. I love to take clues and figure out what is wrong with the animals.

I make a decent salary, but I could make a lot more in other professions (like human medicine).

Hope that answers your question!

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (141481 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (42789 views)

Dog is obsessively licking at things. Hello. I have a question about my dog. I think she's experienced some tummy... (11553 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (7188 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (16515 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (12184 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (15495 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (11612 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (80006 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (14642 views)