Do you like being a vet?

Breed: Tonkinese
Hi Dr. Marie
I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very healthy and doing great :)
But.. my question is just about your job.. do you like being a vet? I have decided I want to become a vet in the future and I just want an opinion on what your job is like.
I have talked to my veterinarian and I wanted another opinion.
I love animals and I can't really think of anything else I would really like to do in the future. I am going to try and volunteer at a vet clinic during the summer and I am considering taking co-op next year to get more experience.
I guess this isn't the type of question I should be asking, considering all the other questions are about problems pets are having, but I thought I'd give it a try.
If you choose to answer this question, thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it :)

Hi and thanks for your question.

I do love being a vet, but you have to be really sure this is what you want to do.

I see a lot of sad things. I guide a lot of people through difficult decisions about their pets. Being a vet is mostly about dealing with people and helping them make decisions.

The part of my job I like the most is problem solving. I love to take clues and figure out what is wrong with the animals.

I make a decent salary, but I could make a lot more in other professions (like human medicine).

Hope that answers your question!

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (16882 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (20246 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6101 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (52878 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (267337 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (5933 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (31924 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (48617 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (10986 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (11230 views)