Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (37156 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (15018 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (15546 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (61025 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (24556 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (6480 views)

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (13907 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (11195 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (33041 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (9982 views)