Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (6846 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (13923 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (49725 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (11161 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (67635 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (27565 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (6966 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (18592 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (9566 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (7904 views)