Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (23397 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (7607 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (6606 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (6279 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (6254 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (19842 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (10118 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (12072 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (12487 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (13141 views)