Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (15884 views)

Hartz Ultra Guard for fleas? hello dr. marie, bear has fleas. i gave her a bath then treated her with hartz... (11028 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (16171 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14823 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (42442 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (16121 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (12543 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (10065 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (5765 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (14303 views)