Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (6983 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6559 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14417 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (23401 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (15540 views)

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (17120 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (18411 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (7587 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (49122 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10233 views)