Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (133240 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (7661 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10538 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (16483 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (79480 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (58974 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (13906 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (27341 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (7452 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (11254 views)