Blood in puppy's poo.

Breed: Labradore
Hi Dr Marie.

We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we have got him, he has had very runny poo. Today I heard him whineing and then found blood in his poo. Should I be worried and should i take him to the vet?

Thank you,

Yasmin.

Blood in the stool of a dog is not usually a concern as long as the dog is bright and happy and eating well. However, if a puppy has runny stool then it could be a sign of worms.

If the puppy is not eating and quiet then this could something serious like parvo virus.

In any case I think it would be a great idea to have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (8093 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (22872 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (19066 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45588 views)

Losing weight but lab tests normal. My cat is losing weight, vomiting, more vocal than normal, lethargic and hungry all... (10817 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11548 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4817 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (10529 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (33252 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (99687 views)