Possible cherry eye?

Breed: not sure
My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his eyes. What is it?

It sounds like what you are describing is a cherry eye.

Here is more information for you: picture of cherry eye.

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18955 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (20135 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (18673 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11818 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (11568 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8357 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (75942 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (39263 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (17666 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (32310 views)