Can you die from a cat bite?

Breed: female
hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any answers unless i pay,which is not possible.i am 14 years old and my cat has bitten me many times i did not take any preventive measures nor i told my parents of the fear that they would scold me.but now i heard that a man died suddenly due to his long ago cat bite.i dont know where to ask help .my parents are not bothered about it.i have been trying to ask this qouestion to every1 free of cost but there's none without money.:((.please read my article and advice me how i can prevent those bites.i am very much scared please help me.i m ready to do whatever it takes to prevent those previous bites.
i hope u co-operate with me
your's truly,
sarah.

It is true that cat bites can be very serious. If a cat bites and breaks the skin it can transmit bacteria that can cause a very bad infection. It is rare for this to cause death, but I personally know several people that have had to be hospitalized for a long time because of an infected cat bite.

Is your cat spayed? If not, getting her spayed may help with her aggression.

I would suggest that you have your parents take Minnu to the vet to talk about her aggression. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help and also give you some tips on what you can do to stop her from biting.

Unfortunately that type of discussion would take too much time for me to write out here.

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (7784 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (52204 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (5580 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (6165 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (11893 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (5681 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (73159 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (15801 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (11863 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (12116 views)