Can you die from a cat bite?

Breed: female
hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any answers unless i pay,which is not possible.i am 14 years old and my cat has bitten me many times i did not take any preventive measures nor i told my parents of the fear that they would scold me.but now i heard that a man died suddenly due to his long ago cat bite.i dont know where to ask help .my parents are not bothered about it.i have been trying to ask this qouestion to every1 free of cost but there's none without money.:((.please read my article and advice me how i can prevent those bites.i am very much scared please help me.i m ready to do whatever it takes to prevent those previous bites.
i hope u co-operate with me
your's truly,
sarah.

It is true that cat bites can be very serious. If a cat bites and breaks the skin it can transmit bacteria that can cause a very bad infection. It is rare for this to cause death, but I personally know several people that have had to be hospitalized for a long time because of an infected cat bite.

Is your cat spayed? If not, getting her spayed may help with her aggression.

I would suggest that you have your parents take Minnu to the vet to talk about her aggression. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help and also give you some tips on what you can do to stop her from biting.

Unfortunately that type of discussion would take too much time for me to write out here.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (5480 views)

Weakness in legs and thirsty. Dear Dr. Marie, Sammy has been having weakness in hind legs,difficulty standing... (5408 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (5750 views)

Infected wound? Hi, my cat is indoor and outdoor (she has the face of an Egyptian Mau & its head... (1254 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (13075 views)

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (6213 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (1244 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (12142 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (4449 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (6926 views)