Can you die from a cat bite?
Age: 6-12 months
hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any answers unless i pay,which is not possible.i am 14 years old and my cat has bitten me many times i did not take any preventive measures nor i told my parents of the fear that they would scold me.but now i heard that a man died suddenly due to his long ago cat bite.i dont know where to ask help .my parents are not bothered about it.i have been trying to ask this qouestion to every1 free of cost but there's none without money.:((.please read my article and advice me how i can prevent those bites.i am very much scared please help me.i m ready to do whatever it takes to prevent those previous bites.
i hope u co-operate with me
Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.
Dr. Marie replied:
It is true that cat bites can be very serious. If a cat bites and breaks the skin it can transmit bacteria that can cause a very bad infection. It is rare for this to cause death, but I personally know several people that have had to be hospitalized for a long time because of an infected cat bite.
Is your cat spayed? If not, getting her spayed may help with her aggression.
I would suggest that you have your parents take Minnu to the vet to talk about her aggression. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help and also give you some tips on what you can do to stop her from biting.
Unfortunately that type of discussion would take too much time for me to write out here.
Dr. Marie.---This question was asked in our Ask A Vet For Free section.---
QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?
Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.
Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one
of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.
Search for similar questions:
Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (10960 views)
Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello,
On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (11018 views)
Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (4522 views)
Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (12779 views)
Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (3430 views)
Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (8635 views)
Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (9490 views)
Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (11568 views)
Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (4602 views)
Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (30578 views)See all questions...