Can you die from a cat bite?

Breed: female
hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any answers unless i pay,which is not possible.i am 14 years old and my cat has bitten me many times i did not take any preventive measures nor i told my parents of the fear that they would scold me.but now i heard that a man died suddenly due to his long ago cat bite.i dont know where to ask help .my parents are not bothered about it.i have been trying to ask this qouestion to every1 free of cost but there's none without money.:((.please read my article and advice me how i can prevent those bites.i am very much scared please help me.i m ready to do whatever it takes to prevent those previous bites.
i hope u co-operate with me
your's truly,
sarah.

It is true that cat bites can be very serious. If a cat bites and breaks the skin it can transmit bacteria that can cause a very bad infection. It is rare for this to cause death, but I personally know several people that have had to be hospitalized for a long time because of an infected cat bite.

Is your cat spayed? If not, getting her spayed may help with her aggression.

I would suggest that you have your parents take Minnu to the vet to talk about her aggression. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help and also give you some tips on what you can do to stop her from biting.

Unfortunately that type of discussion would take too much time for me to write out here.

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (9814 views)

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (9896 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (19059 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (8980 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (14017 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (9493 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (16087 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (19580 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (8389 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (10765 views)