Can you die from a cat bite?

Breed: female
hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any answers unless i pay,which is not possible.i am 14 years old and my cat has bitten me many times i did not take any preventive measures nor i told my parents of the fear that they would scold me.but now i heard that a man died suddenly due to his long ago cat bite.i dont know where to ask help .my parents are not bothered about it.i have been trying to ask this qouestion to every1 free of cost but there's none without money.:((.please read my article and advice me how i can prevent those bites.i am very much scared please help me.i m ready to do whatever it takes to prevent those previous bites.
i hope u co-operate with me
your's truly,
sarah.

It is true that cat bites can be very serious. If a cat bites and breaks the skin it can transmit bacteria that can cause a very bad infection. It is rare for this to cause death, but I personally know several people that have had to be hospitalized for a long time because of an infected cat bite.

Is your cat spayed? If not, getting her spayed may help with her aggression.

I would suggest that you have your parents take Minnu to the vet to talk about her aggression. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help and also give you some tips on what you can do to stop her from biting.

Unfortunately that type of discussion would take too much time for me to write out here.

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (7619 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (5170 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (38610 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (11275 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (7656 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (18544 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (10941 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (13898 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (15959 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (33105 views)