Can you die from a cat bite?

Breed: female
hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any answers unless i pay,which is not possible.i am 14 years old and my cat has bitten me many times i did not take any preventive measures nor i told my parents of the fear that they would scold me.but now i heard that a man died suddenly due to his long ago cat bite.i dont know where to ask help .my parents are not bothered about it.i have been trying to ask this qouestion to every1 free of cost but there's none without money.:((.please read my article and advice me how i can prevent those bites.i am very much scared please help me.i m ready to do whatever it takes to prevent those previous bites.
i hope u co-operate with me
your's truly,
sarah.

It is true that cat bites can be very serious. If a cat bites and breaks the skin it can transmit bacteria that can cause a very bad infection. It is rare for this to cause death, but I personally know several people that have had to be hospitalized for a long time because of an infected cat bite.

Is your cat spayed? If not, getting her spayed may help with her aggression.

I would suggest that you have your parents take Minnu to the vet to talk about her aggression. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help and also give you some tips on what you can do to stop her from biting.

Unfortunately that type of discussion would take too much time for me to write out here.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (3860 views)

Cat with broken pelvis-not eating. My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed,... (6417 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (4466 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (4321 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (4495 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (4191 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (4828 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (43766 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (3193 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (4367 views)