Peeing in house and throwing up.

Breed: Brittany Spaniel, Bl
My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A couple of weeks ago he started whining at the door early in the morning and when I went to let him out I noticed a small puddle on the steps. The last 2 nights he has just woke up with a larger puddle under him on the blanket. He has also been vomiting large clear puddles, very small amount of food in them, but mostly liquid. Other than these two symptoms he is his normal high energy self. He is a neutered 3 year old male. Any thoughts?

Hi Jessi and thanks for your question.

Usually if a dog starts to urinate in the house it means that there is some type of a medical problem there. It may be that he has a urinary tract infection or a problem with his kidneys.

A kidney problem could also cause vomiting as well. Some dogs can have kidney issues if they have gotten into something toxic to kidneys such as antifreeze or certain plants. Or, it may be that he has come in contact with leptospirosis which is a bacteria that can be spread via wildlife. This can be a very serious condition.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea. Your vet will do an exam on Max's urine and should be able to tell you if there is an issue.

Thank you so much for your time! We will make him an appointment and have him checked.... I heard of you through a women's day article, great advertising!

You're very welcome!

Yes, I was quite excited to see a reference to my website in the magazine! Did you read it in Women's Day or Woman's World?

Sorry I did read it in Women's World! Thanks again!

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (16539 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6525 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (5508 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5300 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10134 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (15485 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (14111 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (9255 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (31119 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7160 views)