Peeing in house and throwing up.

Breed: Brittany Spaniel, Bl
My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A couple of weeks ago he started whining at the door early in the morning and when I went to let him out I noticed a small puddle on the steps. The last 2 nights he has just woke up with a larger puddle under him on the blanket. He has also been vomiting large clear puddles, very small amount of food in them, but mostly liquid. Other than these two symptoms he is his normal high energy self. He is a neutered 3 year old male. Any thoughts?

Hi Jessi and thanks for your question.

Usually if a dog starts to urinate in the house it means that there is some type of a medical problem there. It may be that he has a urinary tract infection or a problem with his kidneys.

A kidney problem could also cause vomiting as well. Some dogs can have kidney issues if they have gotten into something toxic to kidneys such as antifreeze or certain plants. Or, it may be that he has come in contact with leptospirosis which is a bacteria that can be spread via wildlife. This can be a very serious condition.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea. Your vet will do an exam on Max's urine and should be able to tell you if there is an issue.

Thank you so much for your time! We will make him an appointment and have him checked.... I heard of you through a women's day article, great advertising!

You're very welcome!

Yes, I was quite excited to see a reference to my website in the magazine! Did you read it in Women's Day or Woman's World?

Sorry I did read it in Women's World! Thanks again!

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (10660 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (44871 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (9569 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (11167 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (28149 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (8783 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (16228 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (14591 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (14063 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (22564 views)