Sick after having puppies.

Breed: Pitbull
I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly she has stop eating and throws up everything that she takes in like water that we make her drink. we have not seen her eat at all since a week. my dad went to a vet to ask but they said they would have to check her, however it was going to be expensive. we dont have money to waste so we dont know what to do. we bought milk to feed the puppies (8) and her to gain vitamins. we have to force her but she ends up throwing it up. i know we have to get her checked but do you know what it could be? we think it might be malnutrition because the puppies have sucked her dry and weak soo....?? help??

This does not sound like a nutrition problem.

It would definitely not be a waste of money to have a vet take a look at Chata. I am concerned she could have an infection such as mastitis or metritis. Both of these are serious and would require antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

She could even have a retained fetus inside of her.

It doesn't sound like there is an at home remedy for her problems. Most likely the sooner you take her to be seen the better. The longer she is sick, the harder it is likely to be to get her better.

I hope things work out ok!

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (12987 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (33760 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (24955 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (11007 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (5567 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (11051 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6744 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (7376 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6412 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (9736 views)