Sick after having puppies.

Breed: Pitbull
I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly she has stop eating and throws up everything that she takes in like water that we make her drink. we have not seen her eat at all since a week. my dad went to a vet to ask but they said they would have to check her, however it was going to be expensive. we dont have money to waste so we dont know what to do. we bought milk to feed the puppies (8) and her to gain vitamins. we have to force her but she ends up throwing it up. i know we have to get her checked but do you know what it could be? we think it might be malnutrition because the puppies have sucked her dry and weak soo....?? help??

This does not sound like a nutrition problem.

It would definitely not be a waste of money to have a vet take a look at Chata. I am concerned she could have an infection such as mastitis or metritis. Both of these are serious and would require antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

She could even have a retained fetus inside of her.

It doesn't sound like there is an at home remedy for her problems. Most likely the sooner you take her to be seen the better. The longer she is sick, the harder it is likely to be to get her better.

I hope things work out ok!

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8476 views)

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (32556 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (7468 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (49788 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11547 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (9803 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (101731 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (14181 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (26147 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8723 views)