Sick after having puppies.

Breed: Pitbull
I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly she has stop eating and throws up everything that she takes in like water that we make her drink. we have not seen her eat at all since a week. my dad went to a vet to ask but they said they would have to check her, however it was going to be expensive. we dont have money to waste so we dont know what to do. we bought milk to feed the puppies (8) and her to gain vitamins. we have to force her but she ends up throwing it up. i know we have to get her checked but do you know what it could be? we think it might be malnutrition because the puppies have sucked her dry and weak soo....?? help??

This does not sound like a nutrition problem.

It would definitely not be a waste of money to have a vet take a look at Chata. I am concerned she could have an infection such as mastitis or metritis. Both of these are serious and would require antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

She could even have a retained fetus inside of her.

It doesn't sound like there is an at home remedy for her problems. Most likely the sooner you take her to be seen the better. The longer she is sick, the harder it is likely to be to get her better.

I hope things work out ok!

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (12965 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5501 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (8332 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (6531 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (10757 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (21606 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (47039 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (15479 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (14301 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18798 views)