Sick after having puppies.

Breed: Pitbull
I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly she has stop eating and throws up everything that she takes in like water that we make her drink. we have not seen her eat at all since a week. my dad went to a vet to ask but they said they would have to check her, however it was going to be expensive. we dont have money to waste so we dont know what to do. we bought milk to feed the puppies (8) and her to gain vitamins. we have to force her but she ends up throwing it up. i know we have to get her checked but do you know what it could be? we think it might be malnutrition because the puppies have sucked her dry and weak soo....?? help??

This does not sound like a nutrition problem.

It would definitely not be a waste of money to have a vet take a look at Chata. I am concerned she could have an infection such as mastitis or metritis. Both of these are serious and would require antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

She could even have a retained fetus inside of her.

It doesn't sound like there is an at home remedy for her problems. Most likely the sooner you take her to be seen the better. The longer she is sick, the harder it is likely to be to get her better.

I hope things work out ok!

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6792 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8373 views)

Stuck together - pregnant? Please help, my two dogs were stuck together today,I think she's pregnant. I'm... (13041 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (8235 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (5808 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (8760 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12069 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (38892 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (20204 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (30136 views)