Dog ate chocolate bar.

Breed: Dogue De Bordeaux
Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So far she is very healthy, until tonight, I didn't feel so good, but we we're having chocolate for a snack. My parents offered me some, but I wasn't really in the mood. So I gave an entire bar to my Dogue Lulea. I don't know the exact amount. It was milk chocolate. And now I am searching the internet for help, and so far what I have seen does not look good. Though Lulea consumed chocolate before. Semi-sweet chocolate! She also ate grapes, which I've read that have deadly toxins (for dogs)! And yet, nothing happened to her. And now I am panicking in fear trying to find a solution past bedtime. I'm sorry. I am just a twelve year-old kid. I haven't learned responsibility yet. So please if you could help me, I will be very grateful. I, of course, don't have a credit card, I would've payed of course, to get the answers quickly! But now I am not so sure... Thank you.
Sincerely,
-Petar

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

Hi Petar,

I created a calculator that helps people know if they need to be worried when their dog eats chocolate:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator.

The good news for you is that most of the chocolate we eat is milk chocolate. So, for a dog the size of yours it is very unlikely to cause toxicity. (It's not something I'd recommend doing again though.)

Regarding grapes, here is a previous question that you may find interesting:

Dog ate grapes.

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (12521 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7166 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (30499 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (10494 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13029 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (12926 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (26615 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (4415 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (15211 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (4978 views)