Dog ate chocolate bar.

Breed: Dogue De Bordeaux
Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So far she is very healthy, until tonight, I didn't feel so good, but we we're having chocolate for a snack. My parents offered me some, but I wasn't really in the mood. So I gave an entire bar to my Dogue Lulea. I don't know the exact amount. It was milk chocolate. And now I am searching the internet for help, and so far what I have seen does not look good. Though Lulea consumed chocolate before. Semi-sweet chocolate! She also ate grapes, which I've read that have deadly toxins (for dogs)! And yet, nothing happened to her. And now I am panicking in fear trying to find a solution past bedtime. I'm sorry. I am just a twelve year-old kid. I haven't learned responsibility yet. So please if you could help me, I will be very grateful. I, of course, don't have a credit card, I would've payed of course, to get the answers quickly! But now I am not so sure... Thank you.
Sincerely,
-Petar

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

Hi Petar,

I created a calculator that helps people know if they need to be worried when their dog eats chocolate:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator.

The good news for you is that most of the chocolate we eat is milk chocolate. So, for a dog the size of yours it is very unlikely to cause toxicity. (It's not something I'd recommend doing again though.)

Regarding grapes, here is a previous question that you may find interesting:

Dog ate grapes.

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (15861 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (16211 views)

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (114970 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (117758 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5847 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (6996 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (32951 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12037 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (13686 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (15056 views)