Dog ate chocolate bar.

Breed: Dogue De Bordeaux
Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So far she is very healthy, until tonight, I didn't feel so good, but we we're having chocolate for a snack. My parents offered me some, but I wasn't really in the mood. So I gave an entire bar to my Dogue Lulea. I don't know the exact amount. It was milk chocolate. And now I am searching the internet for help, and so far what I have seen does not look good. Though Lulea consumed chocolate before. Semi-sweet chocolate! She also ate grapes, which I've read that have deadly toxins (for dogs)! And yet, nothing happened to her. And now I am panicking in fear trying to find a solution past bedtime. I'm sorry. I am just a twelve year-old kid. I haven't learned responsibility yet. So please if you could help me, I will be very grateful. I, of course, don't have a credit card, I would've payed of course, to get the answers quickly! But now I am not so sure... Thank you.
Sincerely,
-Petar

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

Hi Petar,

I created a calculator that helps people know if they need to be worried when their dog eats chocolate:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator.

The good news for you is that most of the chocolate we eat is milk chocolate. So, for a dog the size of yours it is very unlikely to cause toxicity. (It's not something I'd recommend doing again though.)

Regarding grapes, here is a previous question that you may find interesting:

Dog ate grapes.

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (32934 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (10881 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (12204 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (16347 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (21151 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (9816 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21765 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (63617 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (14751 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (12910 views)