Dog ate chocolate bar.

Breed: Dogue De Bordeaux
Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So far she is very healthy, until tonight, I didn't feel so good, but we we're having chocolate for a snack. My parents offered me some, but I wasn't really in the mood. So I gave an entire bar to my Dogue Lulea. I don't know the exact amount. It was milk chocolate. And now I am searching the internet for help, and so far what I have seen does not look good. Though Lulea consumed chocolate before. Semi-sweet chocolate! She also ate grapes, which I've read that have deadly toxins (for dogs)! And yet, nothing happened to her. And now I am panicking in fear trying to find a solution past bedtime. I'm sorry. I am just a twelve year-old kid. I haven't learned responsibility yet. So please if you could help me, I will be very grateful. I, of course, don't have a credit card, I would've payed of course, to get the answers quickly! But now I am not so sure... Thank you.
Sincerely,
-Petar

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

Hi Petar,

I created a calculator that helps people know if they need to be worried when their dog eats chocolate:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator.

The good news for you is that most of the chocolate we eat is milk chocolate. So, for a dog the size of yours it is very unlikely to cause toxicity. (It's not something I'd recommend doing again though.)

Regarding grapes, here is a previous question that you may find interesting:

Dog ate grapes.

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (10063 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (10253 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (46102 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (18237 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (38722 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (13177 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (15178 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (19132 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (10659 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (33120 views)