Dog ate chocolate bar.

Breed: Dogue De Bordeaux
Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So far she is very healthy, until tonight, I didn't feel so good, but we we're having chocolate for a snack. My parents offered me some, but I wasn't really in the mood. So I gave an entire bar to my Dogue Lulea. I don't know the exact amount. It was milk chocolate. And now I am searching the internet for help, and so far what I have seen does not look good. Though Lulea consumed chocolate before. Semi-sweet chocolate! She also ate grapes, which I've read that have deadly toxins (for dogs)! And yet, nothing happened to her. And now I am panicking in fear trying to find a solution past bedtime. I'm sorry. I am just a twelve year-old kid. I haven't learned responsibility yet. So please if you could help me, I will be very grateful. I, of course, don't have a credit card, I would've payed of course, to get the answers quickly! But now I am not so sure... Thank you.
Sincerely,
-Petar

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

Hi Petar,

I created a calculator that helps people know if they need to be worried when their dog eats chocolate:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator.

The good news for you is that most of the chocolate we eat is milk chocolate. So, for a dog the size of yours it is very unlikely to cause toxicity. (It's not something I'd recommend doing again though.)

Regarding grapes, here is a previous question that you may find interesting:

Dog ate grapes.

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (43957 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (15250 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (38274 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (5481 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (13495 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (6197 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (11878 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (7913 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23306 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (9308 views)