Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (11045 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (52824 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (70169 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (13746 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (73605 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (10951 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (172663 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (51515 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (10126 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (15294 views)