Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (40336 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10001 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8386 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9191 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (9704 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (15215 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (9116 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (9850 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (4271 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (262185 views)