Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (4775 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (18432 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (15070 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (20282 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (24159 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (23565 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9214 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14042 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (19764 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (9594 views)