Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7974 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (8106 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (10261 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (8804 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (55714 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (10687 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10729 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (14379 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (5008 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (14155 views)