Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (11435 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (32128 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (10110 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (13917 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13226 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (14503 views)

Lumps on cat's abdomen. Cubbie recently (1 week) developed two fibrous (?) lumps, one on each side of her... (25038 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7069 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (19887 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (14856 views)