Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (27863 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (25131 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (11135 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (9297 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (70908 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (20696 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (7905 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (7381 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (8551 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (42433 views)