Pit Bull doesn't want to walk.

Breed: Bit Bull / Lab
Okay,
A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had only gone 2 1/2 blocks when i nodiced She was stopping and laying down at every oppertunity there was shade. Her nose was unusally swetty that it was dropping like a slow stream. She is not even 1 1/2 years old yet and always is excited to go on walks, but this time she was eager to come home.

Also,
We have a Collie that is 14 years old and is having seasures (where she falls to the ground shacking, and most of the time she will through up), Is there anyway to prevent them?

Thanks so much!! Your a life saver!

You're very welcome.

It will be hard to answer your question about your pitbull/lab as there are a great number of things that could cause these symptoms.

It may be that she has some pain somewhere, such as back pain. This could make her reluctant to walk. If she is continuing to have nasal discharge then it is possible that she has a virus such as kennel cough or possibly even distemper.

Although it is not common, another possibility would be if she had a problem with her heart. If the heart is in failure then there can be fluid in the chest and this can cause the nasal discharge and the exercise intolerance.

Regarding your Collie, unfortunately when a dog of this age starts to have seizures we get really concerned about a brain tumor. While there is usually no cure for this, sometimes the vet can prescribe medication to help reduce the frequency of the seizures.

For both dogs I would highly recommend vet visits!

I hope they do ok!

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (99202 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (11845 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (19221 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (13381 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (36718 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (13547 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11080 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15681 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (5344 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (14243 views)