Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate.

Breed: minature yorkshire t
what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please help! you're my only chance she might survive! she drank my whole mug of hot chocolate please tell me what to do!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

There is some theobromine in hot chocolate. This is the chemical in chocolate that is toxic to dogs.

One cup of hot chocolate is usually made with less than an ounce of instant cocoa powder. I put these numbers into my chocolate toxicity calculator and for a 2.7 kg dog one ounce of instant cocoa powder can cause severe signs of chocolate toxicity.

You can read here about severe chocolate toxicity.

However, if there was just half an ounce of instant cocoa mix it is expected to cause signs of mild toxicity.

You can read here about mild chocolate toxicity.

I would highly advise that you have your vet look at her immediately to determine whether she is in danger.

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (26805 views)

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (18392 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (12974 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (18599 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (10250 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (9611 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13416 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (10515 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (29381 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (8702 views)