Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate.

Breed: minature yorkshire t
what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please help! you're my only chance she might survive! she drank my whole mug of hot chocolate please tell me what to do!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Chocolate Toxicity Calculator
Can my dog eat this?

There is some theobromine in hot chocolate. This is the chemical in chocolate that is toxic to dogs.

One cup of hot chocolate is usually made with less than an ounce of instant cocoa powder. I put these numbers into my chocolate toxicity calculator and for a 2.7 kg dog one ounce of instant cocoa powder can cause severe signs of chocolate toxicity.

You can read here about severe chocolate toxicity.

However, if there was just half an ounce of instant cocoa mix it is expected to cause signs of mild toxicity.

You can read here about mild chocolate toxicity.

I would highly advise that you have your vet look at her immediately to determine whether she is in danger.

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (7639 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (13254 views)

Back leg shaking. My aging Pit bull terrier's back leg shakes like he has Parkinson's disease. Back... (11328 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (29011 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (13861 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (7106 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (10655 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (12842 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (8273 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (9740 views)