Is ginger safe for dogs?

Breed: schnauzer minature
I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we realize i want to make gingerbread shaped cookies but first i need to know if ginger is safe for a dog..........thanks Jane

Well that's in interesting question!

I have to admit that I wasn't completely sure of the answer, so I did some research for you on VIN (which is a place where tens of thousands of vets discuss veterinary issues.)

There are a number of vets that recommend giving ginger to dogs who have issues with nausea. (Whether or not it works for that purpose is still debatable. I know ginger did not help me when I had morning sickness during pregnancy!)

I found no evidence at all that ginger was toxic to dogs. It is perfectly safe for you to use in dog treats.

What I can't tell you though is whether or not dogs like ginger. I would definitely try a test batch out on some hungry dogs first before mass producing! :)

I hope you sell lots of cookies at the craft shows!

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7155 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4314 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (20673 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (13378 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (5454 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (5139 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11278 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (8011 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (12746 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (8261 views)