Is ginger safe for dogs?

Breed: schnauzer minature
I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we realize i want to make gingerbread shaped cookies but first i need to know if ginger is safe for a dog..........thanks Jane

Well that's in interesting question!

I have to admit that I wasn't completely sure of the answer, so I did some research for you on VIN (which is a place where tens of thousands of vets discuss veterinary issues.)

There are a number of vets that recommend giving ginger to dogs who have issues with nausea. (Whether or not it works for that purpose is still debatable. I know ginger did not help me when I had morning sickness during pregnancy!)

I found no evidence at all that ginger was toxic to dogs. It is perfectly safe for you to use in dog treats.

What I can't tell you though is whether or not dogs like ginger. I would definitely try a test batch out on some hungry dogs first before mass producing! :)

I hope you sell lots of cookies at the craft shows!

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (10850 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (12293 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (11480 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9858 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (32029 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (11623 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (7451 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (4850 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (15664 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (9171 views)