Is ginger safe for dogs?

Breed: schnauzer minature
I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we realize i want to make gingerbread shaped cookies but first i need to know if ginger is safe for a dog..........thanks Jane

Well that's in interesting question!

I have to admit that I wasn't completely sure of the answer, so I did some research for you on VIN (which is a place where tens of thousands of vets discuss veterinary issues.)

There are a number of vets that recommend giving ginger to dogs who have issues with nausea. (Whether or not it works for that purpose is still debatable. I know ginger did not help me when I had morning sickness during pregnancy!)

I found no evidence at all that ginger was toxic to dogs. It is perfectly safe for you to use in dog treats.

What I can't tell you though is whether or not dogs like ginger. I would definitely try a test batch out on some hungry dogs first before mass producing! :)

I hope you sell lots of cookies at the craft shows!

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (9567 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (9158 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (4122 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (6681 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (2943 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (9085 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (14167 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (21060 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (5078 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (4522 views)