Is ginger safe for dogs?

Breed: schnauzer minature
I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we realize i want to make gingerbread shaped cookies but first i need to know if ginger is safe for a dog..........thanks Jane

Well that's in interesting question!

I have to admit that I wasn't completely sure of the answer, so I did some research for you on VIN (which is a place where tens of thousands of vets discuss veterinary issues.)

There are a number of vets that recommend giving ginger to dogs who have issues with nausea. (Whether or not it works for that purpose is still debatable. I know ginger did not help me when I had morning sickness during pregnancy!)

I found no evidence at all that ginger was toxic to dogs. It is perfectly safe for you to use in dog treats.

What I can't tell you though is whether or not dogs like ginger. I would definitely try a test batch out on some hungry dogs first before mass producing! :)

I hope you sell lots of cookies at the craft shows!

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4960 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7366 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (19539 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (10370 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34942 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (7350 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (12644 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (4841 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (59793 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (18113 views)