Is ginger safe for dogs?

Breed: schnauzer minature
I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we realize i want to make gingerbread shaped cookies but first i need to know if ginger is safe for a dog..........thanks Jane

Well that's in interesting question!

I have to admit that I wasn't completely sure of the answer, so I did some research for you on VIN (which is a place where tens of thousands of vets discuss veterinary issues.)

There are a number of vets that recommend giving ginger to dogs who have issues with nausea. (Whether or not it works for that purpose is still debatable. I know ginger did not help me when I had morning sickness during pregnancy!)

I found no evidence at all that ginger was toxic to dogs. It is perfectly safe for you to use in dog treats.

What I can't tell you though is whether or not dogs like ginger. I would definitely try a test batch out on some hungry dogs first before mass producing! :)

I hope you sell lots of cookies at the craft shows!

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (3011 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (11544 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (5470 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (7185 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (6355 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (5880 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (15075 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (11552 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (12923 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (12110 views)