Homeopathic treatment of FIP.

Breed: British Shorthair
My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type).

The vet told me that the death rate of FIP is 100%. I want to know if there is any exception? If there is any case of recovery?
I am currently trying Homeopathy and chinese medicine, but I am not sure if Homeopathy is really helping. What is your point of view about Homeopathy?
The test report of my cat is here:
http://i.imgur.com/jfowE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CRdmM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/99RsW.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/yQaVC.jpg?1

can you please give some comment and advice based on this report?

Beside taking steroid, if there is any way to help to reduce ascites? Does fluid restriction help?

Oh, I am sorry to hear about Star's diagnosis of FIP. FIP is such a nasty disease. I find it seems to affect the nicest cats usually. :(

The first image you sent me is of some blood tests. You've highlighted the fact that ALKP and ALT are less than 10 but really that is not something I would worry about. What is significant to me is the ALB/GLOB ratio. Albumin and Globulin are two types of protein in the body. Cats that have FIP will usually have an Albumin Globulin ratio below 0.6. Star's is 2.1/6.2 which is about 0.3. That is not a good sign.

I did a double take when I saw the CBC. A white cell count of 226 x 10^9/L is higher than I have ever seen. This means either severe infection or inflammation.

If your vet is saying this is wet FIP then I am assuming that there is fluid in the abdomen. Actually, you mentioned ascites which means that there is fluid in the abdomen.

When we combine the facts that we have a young cat with fluid in the abdomen and an albumin globulin ratio of 0.3 then this is almost guaranteed to be FIP. You didn't mention if there is a fever but if so then this is more evidence towards FIP.

I have not had much success with anything in regards to FIP. I do find that steroids (such as prednisone or prednisolone) can help to slow down the disease but unfortunately I have found that once we start seeing fluid in the abdomen it is almost always fatal. It usually takes a few weeks and then we are talking about euthanasia but every case is different. I have had some cats that have done relatively well for a while when we take a needle and remove fluid from the abdomen to give some relief.

You mentioned "fluid restriction". If you mean restricting Star from drinking water, no, this will not help and will make things worse.

I did some research for you on homeopathic remedies for FIP. I did find evidence of some homeopathic vets who have tried a number of different homeopathic treatments (mostly aimed at decreasing inflammation) but there was no evidence at all that they helped. The general consensus amongst homeopathic vets is that it won't hurt so it's worth a try, but it's not likely to be terribly helpful.

I wish I had better news for you.

My pet's liver is not as good as other normal cats. I want to know if its okay if I want to bring him to the vet and remove fluid from his abdomen. I am afraid that the anaesthetic will add pressure to his liver. Will the surgery bring any painful or uncomfortable feeling to my cat?

That is really a decision that you need to make with the guidance of your vet as they know Star's health status the best.

I find that FIP kitties often tolerate abdominal fluid drainage without an anesthetic so you could ask your vet about that.

My cat started to convulse(~1 per hour)

But he still eat

What should i do....

Oh, this is not good. FIP can commonly cause little lesions called granulomas to form in the brain and this can cause seizures. There is a chance that anti-seizure medication can make a difference for a short while, but usually they don't work well.

Unfortunately when I have a FIP cat who is having seizures this is usually my indication that we need to euthanize soon. Seizures are not painful for a cat but if he's having them frequently it is not comfortable.

I'm so sorry.

he cant walk normally now....He cant stand, he can just crawl

You need to call your vet, or if they are not available, call an emergency vet. It sounds like he is really not doing well.

so.....is it time to put him to sleep?

Your vet will help you decide that but from what you have described it does sound like it's time.

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8383 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (14749 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (14115 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (16923 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12039 views)

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (50196 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (6930 views)

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (18333 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (178391 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8231 views)