Dark spot on eye.

Breed:
scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is normal, is it somethn to worry about

Most of the time when we see this it is something called an iris freckle and it is nothing to worry about. It could also be an iris cyst. These look like little black blobs of ink in the eye. They are nothing to worry about as well.

If the area looks raised or fuzzy or velvety then it could be a tumor.

Ideally, it would be great to have your vet take a look! If you'd like to reply I can give you the address where you could send me a photo.

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (17855 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7168 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7768 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (7743 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (9857 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (23487 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7214 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (4484 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4619 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (72651 views)