Dark spot on eye.

Breed:
scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is normal, is it somethn to worry about

Most of the time when we see this it is something called an iris freckle and it is nothing to worry about. It could also be an iris cyst. These look like little black blobs of ink in the eye. They are nothing to worry about as well.

If the area looks raised or fuzzy or velvety then it could be a tumor.

Ideally, it would be great to have your vet take a look! If you'd like to reply I can give you the address where you could send me a photo.

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (9578 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (22737 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (16111 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (3746 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (29606 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (7903 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (6884 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (7013 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (5677 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (8506 views)