Lump on hamster near leg.

Breed: Robovoski Dwarf Hams
Hi,

My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She has had the lump for about 2 months and its gettin bigger over a period of time.
Today, she started bitting it and trying to remove it with her mouth and hands. She has removed a little bit aand it has now turned a little red. She also runs round in a circle bitting it like a dog chasing its tail, which is kind of odd.
It costs a fortune to go to the vets where we live and she is quite old in hamster years. I don't know what to do. Im really worried and love her so much.
Please help me by anwsering my questions below and telling me more about it.

What is the lump? How do I remove it? Why is she Bitting it?

Sorry to hear that Daisy is having problems.

I do get concerned when I hear about a hamster having a lump. It's hard to say what it is without seeing Daisy but I'm worried that it could be a cancerous tumor.

If the lump is partly on her belly or front of her chest then it is likely a mammary tumor. Some of these are malignant (i.e. can spread to other areas) and some are benign. However, if it is starting to bother her and she is biting at it then this is not a good sign.

There really is no way for you to remove it. If this were my case I may possibly try some antibiotics to see if that helps with any secondary infection. However, you definitely would need to see your vet for that.

If it is really bothersome to her it may be time to consider euthanasia. In some vet offices they will do pocket pet euthanasia for a reduced fee as compared to cats and dogs.

I wish I could offer you more advice on how to help.

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (34972 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6687 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (7411 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7401 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (17448 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6402 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11409 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11446 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (6718 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9419 views)