Lump on hamster near leg.

Breed: Robovoski Dwarf Hams
Hi,

My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She has had the lump for about 2 months and its gettin bigger over a period of time.
Today, she started bitting it and trying to remove it with her mouth and hands. She has removed a little bit aand it has now turned a little red. She also runs round in a circle bitting it like a dog chasing its tail, which is kind of odd.
It costs a fortune to go to the vets where we live and she is quite old in hamster years. I don't know what to do. Im really worried and love her so much.
Please help me by anwsering my questions below and telling me more about it.

What is the lump? How do I remove it? Why is she Bitting it?

Sorry to hear that Daisy is having problems.

I do get concerned when I hear about a hamster having a lump. It's hard to say what it is without seeing Daisy but I'm worried that it could be a cancerous tumor.

If the lump is partly on her belly or front of her chest then it is likely a mammary tumor. Some of these are malignant (i.e. can spread to other areas) and some are benign. However, if it is starting to bother her and she is biting at it then this is not a good sign.

There really is no way for you to remove it. If this were my case I may possibly try some antibiotics to see if that helps with any secondary infection. However, you definitely would need to see your vet for that.

If it is really bothersome to her it may be time to consider euthanasia. In some vet offices they will do pocket pet euthanasia for a reduced fee as compared to cats and dogs.

I wish I could offer you more advice on how to help.

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (10482 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (41848 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (52513 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (8871 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (21318 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (13514 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (7257 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (16052 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (24773 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (8268 views)