Itchy ears and bum.

Breed: shepard/goldlab
My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and get dark waxy debris out. I have treated her for ear mites as well but the problem continues. She scratches so much that she winces frequently. What should I do? Shealso drags her butt a lot. And i have treated her for worms.

The most common reason for a dog to have excess wax and sore ears is an ear infection. An ear infection ALWAYS needs to be treated by a vet. Home remedies will not work.

Also, when a dog drags their bum it is usually not worms, but rather a problem with anal glands.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store!

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (12060 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (141529 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (8053 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (10965 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (6687 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (15390 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (39834 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (32886 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (9434 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (9797 views)