Itchy ears and bum.

Breed: shepard/goldlab
My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and get dark waxy debris out. I have treated her for ear mites as well but the problem continues. She scratches so much that she winces frequently. What should I do? Shealso drags her butt a lot. And i have treated her for worms.

The most common reason for a dog to have excess wax and sore ears is an ear infection. An ear infection ALWAYS needs to be treated by a vet. Home remedies will not work.

Also, when a dog drags their bum it is usually not worms, but rather a problem with anal glands.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store!

Cause of death? Hi Dr. Marie, I\'m sorry that I can\'t afford to pay for an answer, but your... (5602 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18605 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (18027 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13509 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (9256 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (18820 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (38057 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (11083 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (23688 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (11334 views)