Itchy ears and bum.

Breed: shepard/goldlab
My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and get dark waxy debris out. I have treated her for ear mites as well but the problem continues. She scratches so much that she winces frequently. What should I do? Shealso drags her butt a lot. And i have treated her for worms.

The most common reason for a dog to have excess wax and sore ears is an ear infection. An ear infection ALWAYS needs to be treated by a vet. Home remedies will not work.

Also, when a dog drags their bum it is usually not worms, but rather a problem with anal glands.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store!

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (44814 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (11083 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (5404 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8922 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (4877 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (22578 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (4644 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (19801 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18908 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7699 views)