Itchy ears and bum.

Breed: shepard/goldlab
My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and get dark waxy debris out. I have treated her for ear mites as well but the problem continues. She scratches so much that she winces frequently. What should I do? Shealso drags her butt a lot. And i have treated her for worms.

The most common reason for a dog to have excess wax and sore ears is an ear infection. An ear infection ALWAYS needs to be treated by a vet. Home remedies will not work.

Also, when a dog drags their bum it is usually not worms, but rather a problem with anal glands.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store!

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (9982 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (21623 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (26133 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (11083 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (11638 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (11635 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (9403 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (21138 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (8165 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (16312 views)