Itchy ears and bum.

Breed: shepard/goldlab
My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and get dark waxy debris out. I have treated her for ear mites as well but the problem continues. She scratches so much that she winces frequently. What should I do? Shealso drags her butt a lot. And i have treated her for worms.

The most common reason for a dog to have excess wax and sore ears is an ear infection. An ear infection ALWAYS needs to be treated by a vet. Home remedies will not work.

Also, when a dog drags their bum it is usually not worms, but rather a problem with anal glands.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store!

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (92943 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (17660 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (12206 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (13612 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (29403 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (23021 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (20102 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (30733 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (14312 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5514 views)