Broken leg in puppy?

Breed: chow n akita
hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw when she does she falls n starts to cry. Is her paw broken or just bruised?

Sorry to hear that your puppy may be having problems.

It really is not possible for me to say whether this is fractured without seeing Shasta. Here are some criteria you can use though to see if you need to have an emergency visit:

-Will she let you feel every single bone and joint? If there is a particular area that is very painful or that you feel cracking in then there may be a fracture.

-Give her 10-15 minutes to see if things improve. I have seen many puppies that will scream like crazy and make you think they have a broken leg but after 10-15 minutes they are totally back to normal.

-Are the puppies gums pink or white? If they are very pale or white then this could be a sign of shock which often occurs with a fracture.

In all cases, I usually recommend that if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then she needs to see the vet. What you have described about her falling down and crying when she tries to put weight on the leg does have me concerned that this could be something serious.

I hope she does ok!

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (11852 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11646 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (25847 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (17983 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13544 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11213 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (10854 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (44387 views)

Should I help a sick vole? I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs,... (9278 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (14192 views)