Broken leg in puppy?

Breed: chow n akita
hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw when she does she falls n starts to cry. Is her paw broken or just bruised?

Sorry to hear that your puppy may be having problems.

It really is not possible for me to say whether this is fractured without seeing Shasta. Here are some criteria you can use though to see if you need to have an emergency visit:

-Will she let you feel every single bone and joint? If there is a particular area that is very painful or that you feel cracking in then there may be a fracture.

-Give her 10-15 minutes to see if things improve. I have seen many puppies that will scream like crazy and make you think they have a broken leg but after 10-15 minutes they are totally back to normal.

-Are the puppies gums pink or white? If they are very pale or white then this could be a sign of shock which often occurs with a fracture.

In all cases, I usually recommend that if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then she needs to see the vet. What you have described about her falling down and crying when she tries to put weight on the leg does have me concerned that this could be something serious.

I hope she does ok!

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (3526 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (9909 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (8146 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (11125 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (14578 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (11090 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (8165 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (12820 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (5801 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (5055 views)