Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (10502 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (2740 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (48038 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (3307 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (5513 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (6650 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (5859 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (17069 views)

Cat with pseudomonas infection. Sorry to bother you again. I wrote to you abt Shakey who has Pseudomas bacteria... (6660 views)

Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes. i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard... (3956 views)