Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (8026 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (3439 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (5619 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (13398 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (14678 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (10676 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (3513 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (3334 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (9445 views)

White blisters in cat's ears. My cat has a number of small white "blisters" on her ears. She repeatedly scratches... (6030 views)