Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (14276 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (4421 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (79804 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (6827 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (10858 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (7077 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (4062 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (56948 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (26895 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (5515 views)