Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6598 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (7171 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (39097 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (15744 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (13148 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (9621 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (7252 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (7346 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (4962 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (37712 views)