Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (5844 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42696 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28620 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (20687 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14202 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13388 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (6364 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8313 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7646 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10647 views)