Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (15027 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (3690 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (2411 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (28757 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (9347 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (7732 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (4565 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (10312 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (5322 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (52539 views)