Cat has lump on neck.

Breed: tabby cat
hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big bump and now that it has popped it has left a big hole in her neck what can i do about this?

While I can't say without seeing Abby, the most common thing that could cause symptoms like this is an abscess. Does Abby go outside? If so, a cat bite abscess is the most likely thing.

The fact that it has popped open is good as this will hopefully mean that you don't need to get surgery done to open up the abscess.

However, most cats with an abscess will need to go on oral medications so it still does sound like she should see a vet.

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (6332 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (11974 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (19945 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (12414 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (6988 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (18413 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (16888 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (29723 views)

Disc problems. Hello, Two weeks ago my 9 year old Black Lab start to have problems with his hind... (7735 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (7587 views)