Chihuahuas with parvo

Breed: CHIAWHAWAH
My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The are all very tired and droppey eye. 2).Last year two of my adults had parvo really bad. they just bearelly survived. They were both vomiting and pooping out blood. 3). There symptoms are as follows lazy, lathargic, weightloss, vomiting, diarrea, dehydration. My one dog is already leaking bloody anal fluid from his rectum. He looks real bad. He has not eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. I have given him suppliment and elecrolites. The other two dogs have been vomiting really bad and the also seem lathargic. Last year two of my 3 adult dogs had parvo they almost died. It is a miracle that they are hear today. The one dogs who is sicker came from both of those dogs. The others who are sick but not as bad came from only one. The only med i have is fish tec. and human nithofurantoin can i give eaither one of these to them. Please help i don't have much time thank you andrea

Oh, I am sorry to hear that you are worried about parvo virus. The symptoms you have described do indeed sound like parvo, especially the bloody diarrhea and the vomiting. While there are some parasites that can cause these symptoms (such as giardia or coccidia) parvo is much more likely to cause all of the pups to be so sick.

By far the best treatment for parvo is hospitalization at the vet's office. Intravenous fluid therapy is the most helpful thing for these pups. But, as you likely know this can be expensive.

Unfortunately neither of the medicines you mentioned are likely to be helpful.

If you can't afford hospitalization at the vet's perhaps you could afford a single visit? Your vet can prescribe some medication to help with vomiting and also teach you how to administer fluids under the skin.

What kills dogs with parvo is the dehydration. But, it's very hard to keep the dog hydrated by giving oral fluid (even electrolyte fluid) because of the vomiting.

If you absolutely cannot afford a vet visit you can try small amounts of unsweetened pedialyte throughout the day to help with the dehydration.

I really hope they make it!

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10536 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (4752 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (10060 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10845 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (8250 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9081 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (17772 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (9179 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5872 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (52918 views)