Chihuahuas with parvo

Breed: CHIAWHAWAH
My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The are all very tired and droppey eye. 2).Last year two of my adults had parvo really bad. they just bearelly survived. They were both vomiting and pooping out blood. 3). There symptoms are as follows lazy, lathargic, weightloss, vomiting, diarrea, dehydration. My one dog is already leaking bloody anal fluid from his rectum. He looks real bad. He has not eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. I have given him suppliment and elecrolites. The other two dogs have been vomiting really bad and the also seem lathargic. Last year two of my 3 adult dogs had parvo they almost died. It is a miracle that they are hear today. The one dogs who is sicker came from both of those dogs. The others who are sick but not as bad came from only one. The only med i have is fish tec. and human nithofurantoin can i give eaither one of these to them. Please help i don't have much time thank you andrea

Oh, I am sorry to hear that you are worried about parvo virus. The symptoms you have described do indeed sound like parvo, especially the bloody diarrhea and the vomiting. While there are some parasites that can cause these symptoms (such as giardia or coccidia) parvo is much more likely to cause all of the pups to be so sick.

By far the best treatment for parvo is hospitalization at the vet's office. Intravenous fluid therapy is the most helpful thing for these pups. But, as you likely know this can be expensive.

Unfortunately neither of the medicines you mentioned are likely to be helpful.

If you can't afford hospitalization at the vet's perhaps you could afford a single visit? Your vet can prescribe some medication to help with vomiting and also teach you how to administer fluids under the skin.

What kills dogs with parvo is the dehydration. But, it's very hard to keep the dog hydrated by giving oral fluid (even electrolyte fluid) because of the vomiting.

If you absolutely cannot afford a vet visit you can try small amounts of unsweetened pedialyte throughout the day to help with the dehydration.

I really hope they make it!

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (40492 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (39223 views)

Bump on roof of mouth. Hi I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've... (39032 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (7730 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (47538 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (47281 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (10814 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (21946 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (14120 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (13772 views)