Chihuahuas with parvo

Breed: CHIAWHAWAH
My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The are all very tired and droppey eye. 2).Last year two of my adults had parvo really bad. they just bearelly survived. They were both vomiting and pooping out blood. 3). There symptoms are as follows lazy, lathargic, weightloss, vomiting, diarrea, dehydration. My one dog is already leaking bloody anal fluid from his rectum. He looks real bad. He has not eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. I have given him suppliment and elecrolites. The other two dogs have been vomiting really bad and the also seem lathargic. Last year two of my 3 adult dogs had parvo they almost died. It is a miracle that they are hear today. The one dogs who is sicker came from both of those dogs. The others who are sick but not as bad came from only one. The only med i have is fish tec. and human nithofurantoin can i give eaither one of these to them. Please help i don't have much time thank you andrea

Oh, I am sorry to hear that you are worried about parvo virus. The symptoms you have described do indeed sound like parvo, especially the bloody diarrhea and the vomiting. While there are some parasites that can cause these symptoms (such as giardia or coccidia) parvo is much more likely to cause all of the pups to be so sick.

By far the best treatment for parvo is hospitalization at the vet's office. Intravenous fluid therapy is the most helpful thing for these pups. But, as you likely know this can be expensive.

Unfortunately neither of the medicines you mentioned are likely to be helpful.

If you can't afford hospitalization at the vet's perhaps you could afford a single visit? Your vet can prescribe some medication to help with vomiting and also teach you how to administer fluids under the skin.

What kills dogs with parvo is the dehydration. But, it's very hard to keep the dog hydrated by giving oral fluid (even electrolyte fluid) because of the vomiting.

If you absolutely cannot afford a vet visit you can try small amounts of unsweetened pedialyte throughout the day to help with the dehydration.

I really hope they make it!

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (9865 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (181185 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (10346 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (20446 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (11835 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (17084 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (15022 views)

Suddenly disoriented. our approx 8 y/o schnauzer is partially blind and partially deaf(we adopted him a yr... (32328 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (19045 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (13261 views)