Chihuahuas with parvo

Breed: CHIAWHAWAH
My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The are all very tired and droppey eye. 2).Last year two of my adults had parvo really bad. they just bearelly survived. They were both vomiting and pooping out blood. 3). There symptoms are as follows lazy, lathargic, weightloss, vomiting, diarrea, dehydration. My one dog is already leaking bloody anal fluid from his rectum. He looks real bad. He has not eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. I have given him suppliment and elecrolites. The other two dogs have been vomiting really bad and the also seem lathargic. Last year two of my 3 adult dogs had parvo they almost died. It is a miracle that they are hear today. The one dogs who is sicker came from both of those dogs. The others who are sick but not as bad came from only one. The only med i have is fish tec. and human nithofurantoin can i give eaither one of these to them. Please help i don't have much time thank you andrea

Oh, I am sorry to hear that you are worried about parvo virus. The symptoms you have described do indeed sound like parvo, especially the bloody diarrhea and the vomiting. While there are some parasites that can cause these symptoms (such as giardia or coccidia) parvo is much more likely to cause all of the pups to be so sick.

By far the best treatment for parvo is hospitalization at the vet's office. Intravenous fluid therapy is the most helpful thing for these pups. But, as you likely know this can be expensive.

Unfortunately neither of the medicines you mentioned are likely to be helpful.

If you can't afford hospitalization at the vet's perhaps you could afford a single visit? Your vet can prescribe some medication to help with vomiting and also teach you how to administer fluids under the skin.

What kills dogs with parvo is the dehydration. But, it's very hard to keep the dog hydrated by giving oral fluid (even electrolyte fluid) because of the vomiting.

If you absolutely cannot afford a vet visit you can try small amounts of unsweetened pedialyte throughout the day to help with the dehydration.

I really hope they make it!

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9899 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (16496 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (21845 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8763 views)

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (17826 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (10375 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7387 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (15656 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8695 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (16061 views)