Chihuahuas with parvo

Breed: CHIAWHAWAH
My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The are all very tired and droppey eye. 2).Last year two of my adults had parvo really bad. they just bearelly survived. They were both vomiting and pooping out blood. 3). There symptoms are as follows lazy, lathargic, weightloss, vomiting, diarrea, dehydration. My one dog is already leaking bloody anal fluid from his rectum. He looks real bad. He has not eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. I have given him suppliment and elecrolites. The other two dogs have been vomiting really bad and the also seem lathargic. Last year two of my 3 adult dogs had parvo they almost died. It is a miracle that they are hear today. The one dogs who is sicker came from both of those dogs. The others who are sick but not as bad came from only one. The only med i have is fish tec. and human nithofurantoin can i give eaither one of these to them. Please help i don't have much time thank you andrea

Oh, I am sorry to hear that you are worried about parvo virus. The symptoms you have described do indeed sound like parvo, especially the bloody diarrhea and the vomiting. While there are some parasites that can cause these symptoms (such as giardia or coccidia) parvo is much more likely to cause all of the pups to be so sick.

By far the best treatment for parvo is hospitalization at the vet's office. Intravenous fluid therapy is the most helpful thing for these pups. But, as you likely know this can be expensive.

Unfortunately neither of the medicines you mentioned are likely to be helpful.

If you can't afford hospitalization at the vet's perhaps you could afford a single visit? Your vet can prescribe some medication to help with vomiting and also teach you how to administer fluids under the skin.

What kills dogs with parvo is the dehydration. But, it's very hard to keep the dog hydrated by giving oral fluid (even electrolyte fluid) because of the vomiting.

If you absolutely cannot afford a vet visit you can try small amounts of unsweetened pedialyte throughout the day to help with the dehydration.

I really hope they make it!

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19863 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (13518 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (8018 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8167 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (15544 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (17737 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (30912 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11364 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (7771 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (24652 views)