Big belly in stray cat.

Breed:
Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting. By the looks of it, She was ready to have them any day, We have had her for 3 months now with no Kittens, She has gotten bigger in the stomach area. I am starting to get extremely concerned because of she hasn't birthed them yet, I noticed some Blood in the snow one day where she used the bathroom, Does this mean she had a Miscarriage? and If so, Will she still have the stillborn fetuses? Her age is Unknown, My best guess it anywhere from 1 to 5 but thats a shot in the dark, She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is very happy, Still runs around and causes trouble, I'm beginning to think she is just fat but she isn't proportionate, Her stomach hangs down but she is normal elsewhere, I am getting concerned about this but I don't have the money to take her to the Vet at this moment, If you could be of any help, That would be Great! Thank you In Advance, Sincerely Shane

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

If she has had a large belly like this for 3 months then she is definitely not pregnant as cats only carry their pregnancy for 63 days.

The most common reason for a young cat to have a large abdomen is a condition called FIP. FIP is a virus that is very serious. It can cause fluid to build up in the abdomen and chest. Unfortunately there is no cure for FIP.

Another reason for a big belly in a cat is a tumor in the abdomen, or liver disease.

In any case by far the best thing you can do for her is to have a vet examine her.

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (20177 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (58625 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (4546 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (11729 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (21511 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9684 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (9271 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9732 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (8980 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (21932 views)