Big belly in stray cat.

Breed:
Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting. By the looks of it, She was ready to have them any day, We have had her for 3 months now with no Kittens, She has gotten bigger in the stomach area. I am starting to get extremely concerned because of she hasn't birthed them yet, I noticed some Blood in the snow one day where she used the bathroom, Does this mean she had a Miscarriage? and If so, Will she still have the stillborn fetuses? Her age is Unknown, My best guess it anywhere from 1 to 5 but thats a shot in the dark, She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is very happy, Still runs around and causes trouble, I'm beginning to think she is just fat but she isn't proportionate, Her stomach hangs down but she is normal elsewhere, I am getting concerned about this but I don't have the money to take her to the Vet at this moment, If you could be of any help, That would be Great! Thank you In Advance, Sincerely Shane

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

If she has had a large belly like this for 3 months then she is definitely not pregnant as cats only carry their pregnancy for 63 days.

The most common reason for a young cat to have a large abdomen is a condition called FIP. FIP is a virus that is very serious. It can cause fluid to build up in the abdomen and chest. Unfortunately there is no cure for FIP.

Another reason for a big belly in a cat is a tumor in the abdomen, or liver disease.

In any case by far the best thing you can do for her is to have a vet examine her.

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (21077 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (39809 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (17955 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (5947 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (210236 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (31550 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (13803 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (13379 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (10283 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (40894 views)