Big belly in stray cat.

Breed:
Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting. By the looks of it, She was ready to have them any day, We have had her for 3 months now with no Kittens, She has gotten bigger in the stomach area. I am starting to get extremely concerned because of she hasn't birthed them yet, I noticed some Blood in the snow one day where she used the bathroom, Does this mean she had a Miscarriage? and If so, Will she still have the stillborn fetuses? Her age is Unknown, My best guess it anywhere from 1 to 5 but thats a shot in the dark, She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is very happy, Still runs around and causes trouble, I'm beginning to think she is just fat but she isn't proportionate, Her stomach hangs down but she is normal elsewhere, I am getting concerned about this but I don't have the money to take her to the Vet at this moment, If you could be of any help, That would be Great! Thank you In Advance, Sincerely Shane

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

If she has had a large belly like this for 3 months then she is definitely not pregnant as cats only carry their pregnancy for 63 days.

The most common reason for a young cat to have a large abdomen is a condition called FIP. FIP is a virus that is very serious. It can cause fluid to build up in the abdomen and chest. Unfortunately there is no cure for FIP.

Another reason for a big belly in a cat is a tumor in the abdomen, or liver disease.

In any case by far the best thing you can do for her is to have a vet examine her.

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (49688 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (8103 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (12933 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (45662 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (18121 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (14979 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (5909 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (21331 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (11974 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (9250 views)