Big belly in stray cat.

Breed:
Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting. By the looks of it, She was ready to have them any day, We have had her for 3 months now with no Kittens, She has gotten bigger in the stomach area. I am starting to get extremely concerned because of she hasn't birthed them yet, I noticed some Blood in the snow one day where she used the bathroom, Does this mean she had a Miscarriage? and If so, Will she still have the stillborn fetuses? Her age is Unknown, My best guess it anywhere from 1 to 5 but thats a shot in the dark, She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is very happy, Still runs around and causes trouble, I'm beginning to think she is just fat but she isn't proportionate, Her stomach hangs down but she is normal elsewhere, I am getting concerned about this but I don't have the money to take her to the Vet at this moment, If you could be of any help, That would be Great! Thank you In Advance, Sincerely Shane

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

If she has had a large belly like this for 3 months then she is definitely not pregnant as cats only carry their pregnancy for 63 days.

The most common reason for a young cat to have a large abdomen is a condition called FIP. FIP is a virus that is very serious. It can cause fluid to build up in the abdomen and chest. Unfortunately there is no cure for FIP.

Another reason for a big belly in a cat is a tumor in the abdomen, or liver disease.

In any case by far the best thing you can do for her is to have a vet examine her.

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (20039 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (13025 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (9876 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (21746 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (9644 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7750 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (7929 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (5079 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (33137 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (9066 views)