Big belly in stray cat.

Breed:
Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting. By the looks of it, She was ready to have them any day, We have had her for 3 months now with no Kittens, She has gotten bigger in the stomach area. I am starting to get extremely concerned because of she hasn't birthed them yet, I noticed some Blood in the snow one day where she used the bathroom, Does this mean she had a Miscarriage? and If so, Will she still have the stillborn fetuses? Her age is Unknown, My best guess it anywhere from 1 to 5 but thats a shot in the dark, She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is very happy, Still runs around and causes trouble, I'm beginning to think she is just fat but she isn't proportionate, Her stomach hangs down but she is normal elsewhere, I am getting concerned about this but I don't have the money to take her to the Vet at this moment, If you could be of any help, That would be Great! Thank you In Advance, Sincerely Shane

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

If she has had a large belly like this for 3 months then she is definitely not pregnant as cats only carry their pregnancy for 63 days.

The most common reason for a young cat to have a large abdomen is a condition called FIP. FIP is a virus that is very serious. It can cause fluid to build up in the abdomen and chest. Unfortunately there is no cure for FIP.

Another reason for a big belly in a cat is a tumor in the abdomen, or liver disease.

In any case by far the best thing you can do for her is to have a vet examine her.

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7661 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (5946 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (8050 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (20302 views)

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (14661 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6902 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (22404 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (20596 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (19533 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (31072 views)