Are these lymph nodes?

Breed: mixed breed
I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her neck and right where her jaw starts there seemed to be a swollen mass on both sides. I don't know if its her salivary glands or lymph nodes. They are about 1/2 the size of golf balls. What do you think could be going on?

It sounds like you are feeling swollen lymph nodes. Lymph nodes can be swollen because of an infection (i.e. after a cat fight), cancer or a virus such as feline leukemia.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet take a look at London. They can prescribe some antibiotics if they feel it is necessary, and can do some tests to determine if this is something serious or not.

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (15123 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (10317 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (12656 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (9904 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (8070 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (34146 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (6279 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (38998 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (29811 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (26410 views)