Are these lymph nodes?

Breed: mixed breed
I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her neck and right where her jaw starts there seemed to be a swollen mass on both sides. I don't know if its her salivary glands or lymph nodes. They are about 1/2 the size of golf balls. What do you think could be going on?

It sounds like you are feeling swollen lymph nodes. Lymph nodes can be swollen because of an infection (i.e. after a cat fight), cancer or a virus such as feline leukemia.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet take a look at London. They can prescribe some antibiotics if they feel it is necessary, and can do some tests to determine if this is something serious or not.

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (18567 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (17182 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (45693 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (11430 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30830 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (14027 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (20199 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (68301 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (7862 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (11184 views)