Are these lymph nodes?

Breed: mixed breed
I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her neck and right where her jaw starts there seemed to be a swollen mass on both sides. I don't know if its her salivary glands or lymph nodes. They are about 1/2 the size of golf balls. What do you think could be going on?

It sounds like you are feeling swollen lymph nodes. Lymph nodes can be swollen because of an infection (i.e. after a cat fight), cancer or a virus such as feline leukemia.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet take a look at London. They can prescribe some antibiotics if they feel it is necessary, and can do some tests to determine if this is something serious or not.

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7434 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6009 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (16763 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9635 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (4671 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (17910 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (55693 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (19225 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (16196 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (14838 views)