Are these lymph nodes?

Breed: mixed breed
I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her neck and right where her jaw starts there seemed to be a swollen mass on both sides. I don't know if its her salivary glands or lymph nodes. They are about 1/2 the size of golf balls. What do you think could be going on?

It sounds like you are feeling swollen lymph nodes. Lymph nodes can be swollen because of an infection (i.e. after a cat fight), cancer or a virus such as feline leukemia.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet take a look at London. They can prescribe some antibiotics if they feel it is necessary, and can do some tests to determine if this is something serious or not.

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (24946 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (8116 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (13482 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (10375 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (9310 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7428 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (13788 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (7376 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (7160 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (15359 views)