Fly bites on dog's ears.

Breed: pit bulls
My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. Thank you for your help.

I have seen some dogs that seem to have ears that are VERY attractive to flies!

You can use on your dog any type of bug spray that is safe to use on young children. One that I really like is called Bush Splash. You want to avoid any bug spray that has deet in it.

You can also use Avon Skin So Soft on the ears which may help.

Additionally, Advantix (not Advantage, but similar and available from your vet) has some effect against mosquitos.

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (7107 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (16948 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (15752 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (15111 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (51076 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (15169 views)

Dog has heart failure. Hello, I am considering adopting a special needs dog. He is 3 and has a grade 3... (8237 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (11960 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (24803 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (11570 views)