Fly bites on dog's ears.

Breed: pit bulls
My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. Thank you for your help.

I have seen some dogs that seem to have ears that are VERY attractive to flies!

You can use on your dog any type of bug spray that is safe to use on young children. One that I really like is called Bush Splash. You want to avoid any bug spray that has deet in it.

You can also use Avon Skin So Soft on the ears which may help.

Additionally, Advantix (not Advantage, but similar and available from your vet) has some effect against mosquitos.

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (41821 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (10246 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (9414 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (9523 views)

Will dog with broken back recover? Hi Dr. Marie, Our dog pulled out of her collar and was hit by a vehicle Saturday... (44505 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (88937 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (12488 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (61311 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (10168 views)

Vomiting pregnant cat. hello dr.vet my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago yesterday she started to vomit 5... (8661 views)