Fly bites on dog's ears.

Breed: pit bulls
My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. Thank you for your help.

I have seen some dogs that seem to have ears that are VERY attractive to flies!

You can use on your dog any type of bug spray that is safe to use on young children. One that I really like is called Bush Splash. You want to avoid any bug spray that has deet in it.

You can also use Avon Skin So Soft on the ears which may help.

Additionally, Advantix (not Advantage, but similar and available from your vet) has some effect against mosquitos.

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (58744 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (12289 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (13778 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28294 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9334 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9445 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10388 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (6749 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (11792 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (30007 views)