Fly bites on dog's ears.

Breed: pit bulls
My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. Thank you for your help.

I have seen some dogs that seem to have ears that are VERY attractive to flies!

You can use on your dog any type of bug spray that is safe to use on young children. One that I really like is called Bush Splash. You want to avoid any bug spray that has deet in it.

You can also use Avon Skin So Soft on the ears which may help.

Additionally, Advantix (not Advantage, but similar and available from your vet) has some effect against mosquitos.

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (19492 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (6893 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7646 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (8333 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (31226 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29769 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11914 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12267 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (23545 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (46112 views)