Dog ate absorbent chicken pad.

Breed: Black Labrador
My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this potentially cause any
harm to him?

These absorbent pads from the bottom of the meat trays are very attractive to dogs!

Most of the time these will pass through a dog's intestines and come out in their poop.

However, there is a possibility that the pad can cause an obstruction. The pads are meant to soak up moisture and so they can become very large in the stomach or intestines.

Signs of an obstruction include:

• Vomiting

• Straining to poop

• Painful belly

• Lethargy

• No appetite

If your dog has any of these symptoms then a vet visit is a good idea.

If your dog has eaten this within the last hour you may want to consider asking your vet to induce vomiting.

The other concern I would have is for Salmonella. However, it is not common for dogs to get food poisoning from eating raw food.

I hope everything "comes out" ok!

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (21945 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (9513 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (11998 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (11876 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13573 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (7415 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (9878 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (9627 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (43574 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (14624 views)