Dog ate absorbent chicken pad.

Breed: Black Labrador
My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this potentially cause any
harm to him?

These absorbent pads from the bottom of the meat trays are very attractive to dogs!

Most of the time these will pass through a dog's intestines and come out in their poop.

However, there is a possibility that the pad can cause an obstruction. The pads are meant to soak up moisture and so they can become very large in the stomach or intestines.

Signs of an obstruction include:

• Vomiting

• Straining to poop

• Painful belly

• Lethargy

• No appetite

If your dog has any of these symptoms then a vet visit is a good idea.

If your dog has eaten this within the last hour you may want to consider asking your vet to induce vomiting.

The other concern I would have is for Salmonella. However, it is not common for dogs to get food poisoning from eating raw food.

I hope everything "comes out" ok!

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (4867 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (12752 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (7650 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (7590 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (178137 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (6008 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (14495 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (3553 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (8799 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (13433 views)