Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

Is Okra toxic to dogs? Without thinking, I gave my dog a small amount (appx 1/4 cup) of oven fried... (60421 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (8551 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (17359 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing. My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and... (20244 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (9679 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (7767 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12967 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (8565 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (21250 views)

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (11640 views)