Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (200536 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (76316 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (9229 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (13162 views)

Foot got caught in door. As my 10 lb chiwawa was going back in the house this morning and I was opening the... (24701 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (12903 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (15329 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (18045 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (12630 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (7804 views)