Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (8378 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (83539 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (17983 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12567 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (15522 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (58435 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (38937 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (10136 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (7932 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (8509 views)