Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (54334 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (7740 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (8488 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (13604 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (13921 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (12378 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (16146 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (21796 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (15209 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (18659 views)