Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9647 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (60108 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (8494 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (11518 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (18766 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (9938 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (9949 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (12504 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (6472 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (10915 views)