Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (11406 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (12469 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6607 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11031 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (7598 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7650 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (11892 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (8073 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (6965 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17750 views)