Senior cat losing weight.

Breed:
My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of weight. She has also been throwing up. I've fed her extra food and also changed brands but nothing is working. She also seems hungry all the time. Today her stomach is making very loud noises every few minutes. Any idea what this could be? If I rub her stomach she is ok with it so I'm assuming she's not in pain. She also is still purring. Thank you'

Any time an older cat starts to lose weight there is a medical reason for it. I'd highly advise that you have your cat examined by a vet. Weight loss can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cancer and many other conditions.

Sometimes if we catch things early enough these conditions can be treatable!

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (18683 views)

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (7563 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (7554 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (6763 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (8308 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (10708 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (10974 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (4965 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (31658 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (7947 views)