Child and dog have a virus.

Breed: Weiner Dog
My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and vomiting. He has been with my grandson that has had a virus. What can I do?

There is no gastrointestinal virus that can spread from people to dogs and vice versa, so you don't need to worry about this happening.

However, if a puppy has vomiting and diarrhea for more than a day then a vet visit is always necessary.

Pups don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Hopefully this is nothing serious!

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (23723 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (26816 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (68107 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (7569 views)

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (23966 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (33424 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10355 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5411 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (13257 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (48273 views)