Child and dog have a virus.

Breed: Weiner Dog
My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and vomiting. He has been with my grandson that has had a virus. What can I do?

There is no gastrointestinal virus that can spread from people to dogs and vice versa, so you don't need to worry about this happening.

However, if a puppy has vomiting and diarrhea for more than a day then a vet visit is always necessary.

Pups don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Hopefully this is nothing serious!

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (5571 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (14684 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (6909 views)

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (15813 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (6410 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21843 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (7275 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (13562 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33473 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59483 views)