Child and dog have a virus.

Breed: Weiner Dog
My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and vomiting. He has been with my grandson that has had a virus. What can I do?

There is no gastrointestinal virus that can spread from people to dogs and vice versa, so you don't need to worry about this happening.

However, if a puppy has vomiting and diarrhea for more than a day then a vet visit is always necessary.

Pups don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Hopefully this is nothing serious!

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (179021 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (6586 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (87819 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (8196 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (67734 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (9460 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (18381 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (9342 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (11684 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (28354 views)