Child and dog have a virus.

Breed: Weiner Dog
My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and vomiting. He has been with my grandson that has had a virus. What can I do?

There is no gastrointestinal virus that can spread from people to dogs and vice versa, so you don't need to worry about this happening.

However, if a puppy has vomiting and diarrhea for more than a day then a vet visit is always necessary.

Pups don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Hopefully this is nothing serious!

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (7357 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (10355 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7377 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6389 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (7296 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (9697 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (7738 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4414 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (19202 views)

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (14723 views)