Child and dog have a virus.

Breed: Weiner Dog
My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and vomiting. He has been with my grandson that has had a virus. What can I do?

There is no gastrointestinal virus that can spread from people to dogs and vice versa, so you don't need to worry about this happening.

However, if a puppy has vomiting and diarrhea for more than a day then a vet visit is always necessary.

Pups don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Hopefully this is nothing serious!

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10257 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (27352 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (91074 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10188 views)

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (112603 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (23894 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (20063 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (86022 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (7209 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (13113 views)