Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (9592 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (13099 views)

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (12219 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (8434 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12935 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (24233 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (12570 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (49952 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (9191 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (62248 views)