Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (8440 views)

Kitten with large belly. Ted is a name we have given to a stray cat that has been coming to our house for the... (10412 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (20830 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (8316 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7212 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (11119 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7641 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (16428 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (12116 views)

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (7344 views)