Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (8049 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (13859 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (11765 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (11416 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (9671 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (7494 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (17800 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (11650 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (9571 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (20918 views)