Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (12398 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (15330 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (12421 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (23001 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (19350 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (18769 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (290344 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (12423 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (41134 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (16367 views)