Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (55298 views)

Puppies are dying after fire. We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house... (7408 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (5741 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (8116 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (10305 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (18900 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (18992 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5912 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (14480 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (9202 views)