Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (9814 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (12254 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (25541 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (10264 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (27804 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (18591 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (10640 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (5653 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (11024 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (10187 views)