Shaking, Limping dog.

Breed: pitbull
yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was shaking in limping. i looked at her paw there was nothing today one of her toes is swollen what should i do to reduce the swelling ? should i give her benadryl?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Bella. It does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

However, I can give you a few ideas as to what could be going on:

-It certainly is possible that she has received a bee sting or wasp sting. Benadryl usually does help in those situations.

-It is also possible that she has fractured or sprained her toe. If this is the case, if you have seen no improvement in 24-48 hours then you will want to have your vet take some xrays of her foot.

-In an older dog with a swollen toe I get worried about certain types of cancers such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can be treated but do require quite intensive surgery.

I hope she is doing ok!

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (12645 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (14195 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (5073 views)

Disc problems. Hello, Two weeks ago my 9 year old Black Lab start to have problems with his hind... (11975 views)

Losing weight but lab tests normal. My cat is losing weight, vomiting, more vocal than normal, lethargic and hungry all... (12223 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (22010 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (9445 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (11655 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (13465 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (57671 views)