Dog ate chocolate?

ask a vet

Puppies are dying after fire.

Species: Dog
Breed: pit Bull
Age: Less than 3 mon
We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house fire a few days ago. . .

Yesterday morning, Patch became limp and started bleeding from his mouth and died a few hours later. . .

This morning, it looks like Angel is about to expire the same way. . . although with her I noticed that she was round and hard in the belly, like she was full of food - but she hadn't eaten in a while. . . She acted like she needed to poop - so I started rubbing her bottom with a warm washcloth to get her to poop. . . as I had done for the previous 2 days. . . this time it didn't help and about 2 hours later, she's limp and bleeding from the mouth too. . .


Online vet, Dr. Marie

Dr. Marie replied:

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of the house fire and the loss of your dog.

I'm afraid there is not a lot I can do for you online. It is highly possible that the puppies have smoke inhalation. They may have some serious damage to their lungs.

Is there any way you can get her to a vet? They may be able to help. However, it doesn't sound good for Angel.

There really is not anything I can advise to do at home.

I'm so sorry.

Dr. Marie.

---This question was asked in our Ask A Vet For Free section.---


Do you have a pet website? Interested in learning more about SEO for Wix?


Check out our dog age calculator and cat age calculator.

Want to receive pet coupons, vet advice and info on new pet products in your inbox?

* indicates required

We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. Unsubscribe any time.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Search for similar questions:

ask a vet

Popular questions...

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (12567 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (12549 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (21942 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (11784 views)

Loud noises from belly. I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does... (10615 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (15501 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (11744 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (11309 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (28243 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (15805 views)

See all questions...

Dr. MarieDr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. She has been a vet since 1999.

Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? No! But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. While Dr. Marie can't officially diagnose your pet or prescribe medications, she can often advise you on whether a vet visit is necessary. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition.