Possible pyometra.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge is more thick and milky and almost brownish red. She also seems to be panting more than she should be cause the air in the house is cool. Just curious if I should be worried cause money is tight and I can't really afford an unnecessary vet bill.

Oh dear, this does not sound good.

What you are describing really sounds like Crook may have a serious infection in her uterus called a pyometra.

The discharge during a pyometra is usually thick like you have described. Often it looks like tomato soup.

Pyometra always needs to be treated with surgery. Unfortunately to spay a dog with pyometra is much more difficult and expensive than doing a spay on a healthy dog.

This is one of the main reasons why I recommend spaying a dog when she is young.

Please don't wait too long to have the vet look at Crook. If pyometra goes untreated, it is fatal.

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (19052 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (10371 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (9777 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (56855 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (8252 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (36545 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (33924 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (8416 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (35924 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (15126 views)