Possible pyometra.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge is more thick and milky and almost brownish red. She also seems to be panting more than she should be cause the air in the house is cool. Just curious if I should be worried cause money is tight and I can't really afford an unnecessary vet bill.

Oh dear, this does not sound good.

What you are describing really sounds like Crook may have a serious infection in her uterus called a pyometra.

The discharge during a pyometra is usually thick like you have described. Often it looks like tomato soup.

Pyometra always needs to be treated with surgery. Unfortunately to spay a dog with pyometra is much more difficult and expensive than doing a spay on a healthy dog.

This is one of the main reasons why I recommend spaying a dog when she is young.

Please don't wait too long to have the vet look at Crook. If pyometra goes untreated, it is fatal.

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (8427 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (39912 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (17887 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (19798 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (8610 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (5114 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8784 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (12378 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (10287 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7708 views)