Possible pyometra.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge is more thick and milky and almost brownish red. She also seems to be panting more than she should be cause the air in the house is cool. Just curious if I should be worried cause money is tight and I can't really afford an unnecessary vet bill.

Oh dear, this does not sound good.

What you are describing really sounds like Crook may have a serious infection in her uterus called a pyometra.

The discharge during a pyometra is usually thick like you have described. Often it looks like tomato soup.

Pyometra always needs to be treated with surgery. Unfortunately to spay a dog with pyometra is much more difficult and expensive than doing a spay on a healthy dog.

This is one of the main reasons why I recommend spaying a dog when she is young.

Please don't wait too long to have the vet look at Crook. If pyometra goes untreated, it is fatal.

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (11845 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (10950 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13644 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (12941 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9610 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (12585 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9600 views)

Swollen face after tooth removal. Two months ago, Chuck (our elderly dog who's become more and more aggressive when... (24453 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (12755 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (19928 views)