Possible pyometra.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge is more thick and milky and almost brownish red. She also seems to be panting more than she should be cause the air in the house is cool. Just curious if I should be worried cause money is tight and I can't really afford an unnecessary vet bill.

Oh dear, this does not sound good.

What you are describing really sounds like Crook may have a serious infection in her uterus called a pyometra.

The discharge during a pyometra is usually thick like you have described. Often it looks like tomato soup.

Pyometra always needs to be treated with surgery. Unfortunately to spay a dog with pyometra is much more difficult and expensive than doing a spay on a healthy dog.

This is one of the main reasons why I recommend spaying a dog when she is young.

Please don't wait too long to have the vet look at Crook. If pyometra goes untreated, it is fatal.

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (10519 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (8157 views)

Increased thirst and urination. I have an 11 year old spayed female toy poodle. She has been drinking a lot of water... (23813 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (12333 views)

Pancreatic enzymes. How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the... (8444 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (11978 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (8022 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (5363 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9056 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (12245 views)