Cat died. Hit by car?

Breed: Tabby cat
My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from his nose, mouth and ears. We think he must have been hit on the road and crawled under the neighbours car to die. I am absolutely devastated and finding it hard to come to terms with it, I just need to know if you think it was a quick death from the information i have given you? He had no other marks on his body. I just need some closure so need to know what killed him? Head injury? Thank you for reading my question, hope you can help me.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Tabs.

The most likely cause of death, as you suspected, is if he was hit by a vehicle. In my experience with cats being hit by a car they either escape with very few injuries or they die very quickly.

If he was hit head on then he likely lost consciousness very quickly and therefore would have no knowledge of what was happening and no pain.

If he had no bruising or obvious broken bones then most likely this was a quick death.

If he had significant internal bleeding then this is not a painful way to die.

If he had fractures in his head, it is possible that he did have some pain for the last few minutes of his life, but again, he likely was not fully conscious and aware of what was going on.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your reply. I just needed to know if the bleeding was because he had a head injury and like i said wanted to know if it was quick. I hate to think he was lying there for a long time.

Spay 10 year old dog? Hello: I adopted a Belgian tervuren 10 months ago. She was already 10 years... (18831 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (9130 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (5541 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (10825 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10997 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (12039 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (10177 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (6467 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (8146 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (13337 views)