Cat died. Hit by car?

Breed: Tabby cat
My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from his nose, mouth and ears. We think he must have been hit on the road and crawled under the neighbours car to die. I am absolutely devastated and finding it hard to come to terms with it, I just need to know if you think it was a quick death from the information i have given you? He had no other marks on his body. I just need some closure so need to know what killed him? Head injury? Thank you for reading my question, hope you can help me.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Tabs.

The most likely cause of death, as you suspected, is if he was hit by a vehicle. In my experience with cats being hit by a car they either escape with very few injuries or they die very quickly.

If he was hit head on then he likely lost consciousness very quickly and therefore would have no knowledge of what was happening and no pain.

If he had no bruising or obvious broken bones then most likely this was a quick death.

If he had significant internal bleeding then this is not a painful way to die.

If he had fractures in his head, it is possible that he did have some pain for the last few minutes of his life, but again, he likely was not fully conscious and aware of what was going on.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your reply. I just needed to know if the bleeding was because he had a head injury and like i said wanted to know if it was quick. I hate to think he was lying there for a long time.

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (4506 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (15135 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (160983 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (665800 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (6900 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (9701 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7444 views)

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (10059 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (20962 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (33793 views)