Cat died. Hit by car?

Breed: Tabby cat
My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from his nose, mouth and ears. We think he must have been hit on the road and crawled under the neighbours car to die. I am absolutely devastated and finding it hard to come to terms with it, I just need to know if you think it was a quick death from the information i have given you? He had no other marks on his body. I just need some closure so need to know what killed him? Head injury? Thank you for reading my question, hope you can help me.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Tabs.

The most likely cause of death, as you suspected, is if he was hit by a vehicle. In my experience with cats being hit by a car they either escape with very few injuries or they die very quickly.

If he was hit head on then he likely lost consciousness very quickly and therefore would have no knowledge of what was happening and no pain.

If he had no bruising or obvious broken bones then most likely this was a quick death.

If he had significant internal bleeding then this is not a painful way to die.

If he had fractures in his head, it is possible that he did have some pain for the last few minutes of his life, but again, he likely was not fully conscious and aware of what was going on.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your reply. I just needed to know if the bleeding was because he had a head injury and like i said wanted to know if it was quick. I hate to think he was lying there for a long time.

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (10120 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (5252 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (9754 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (10648 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (15850 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (30411 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (10131 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (43881 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (7690 views)

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (13536 views)