Puppy stepped on.

Breed: staffie
my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15 stone husband not all of his weight but he stood on the pups side and rib cage he was led on a mattress i have felt his ribs and he does not yelp he did a bit afterwards he has now gone quiet and gone to sleep i checked his pupil resonse to light and they are sort of reacting his breathing is normal but his heart is beating really fast should we let him sleep is he suffering from shock or does he need to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits but obviously i want him to be okay thing's i have tried so far is checking his pupil response and they are sort of reactive,a breathing check which seems normal,his heart rate is quite fast,i felt for broken ribs but don't think i can feel any breaks but don't really know what to feel for but thought i would see if he yelped in pain when i did it he didn't,but he has gone all limp and fell to sleep i would just like to know if he is in shock or needs to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits and cant afford to pay a vet but want the pup to be okay so please could you help if possible thankyou

Sorry to hear that your pup may have had an accident.

This is a tough question to answer over the internet. I think the best thing to do is to wake the pup up and see if he can walk around ok.

If you can't get him to wake up then I am concerned that there may be something more serious going on.

Are his gums nice and pink? When dogs are in shock their gum color will be pale or white.

If he is unable to get up and walk then yes, I do think an emergency visit is the best idea.

I hope he is ok!

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (5968 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (12765 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (19300 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (24466 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13822 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (19045 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (28856 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (12348 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13852 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (23968 views)