Puppy stepped on.

Breed: staffie
my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15 stone husband not all of his weight but he stood on the pups side and rib cage he was led on a mattress i have felt his ribs and he does not yelp he did a bit afterwards he has now gone quiet and gone to sleep i checked his pupil resonse to light and they are sort of reacting his breathing is normal but his heart is beating really fast should we let him sleep is he suffering from shock or does he need to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits but obviously i want him to be okay thing's i have tried so far is checking his pupil response and they are sort of reactive,a breathing check which seems normal,his heart rate is quite fast,i felt for broken ribs but don't think i can feel any breaks but don't really know what to feel for but thought i would see if he yelped in pain when i did it he didn't,but he has gone all limp and fell to sleep i would just like to know if he is in shock or needs to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits and cant afford to pay a vet but want the pup to be okay so please could you help if possible thankyou

Sorry to hear that your pup may have had an accident.

This is a tough question to answer over the internet. I think the best thing to do is to wake the pup up and see if he can walk around ok.

If you can't get him to wake up then I am concerned that there may be something more serious going on.

Are his gums nice and pink? When dogs are in shock their gum color will be pale or white.

If he is unable to get up and walk then yes, I do think an emergency visit is the best idea.

I hope he is ok!

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (17583 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (8473 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (13938 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (12554 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (8226 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (21192 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6740 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (6970 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (7540 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (9271 views)