Puppy stepped on.

Breed: staffie
my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15 stone husband not all of his weight but he stood on the pups side and rib cage he was led on a mattress i have felt his ribs and he does not yelp he did a bit afterwards he has now gone quiet and gone to sleep i checked his pupil resonse to light and they are sort of reacting his breathing is normal but his heart is beating really fast should we let him sleep is he suffering from shock or does he need to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits but obviously i want him to be okay thing's i have tried so far is checking his pupil response and they are sort of reactive,a breathing check which seems normal,his heart rate is quite fast,i felt for broken ribs but don't think i can feel any breaks but don't really know what to feel for but thought i would see if he yelped in pain when i did it he didn't,but he has gone all limp and fell to sleep i would just like to know if he is in shock or needs to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits and cant afford to pay a vet but want the pup to be okay so please could you help if possible thankyou

Sorry to hear that your pup may have had an accident.

This is a tough question to answer over the internet. I think the best thing to do is to wake the pup up and see if he can walk around ok.

If you can't get him to wake up then I am concerned that there may be something more serious going on.

Are his gums nice and pink? When dogs are in shock their gum color will be pale or white.

If he is unable to get up and walk then yes, I do think an emergency visit is the best idea.

I hope he is ok!

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (7062 views)

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (13025 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (9298 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (12521 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5119 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (9418 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (7762 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (15109 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13412 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (12083 views)