Puppy stepped on.

Breed: staffie
my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15 stone husband not all of his weight but he stood on the pups side and rib cage he was led on a mattress i have felt his ribs and he does not yelp he did a bit afterwards he has now gone quiet and gone to sleep i checked his pupil resonse to light and they are sort of reacting his breathing is normal but his heart is beating really fast should we let him sleep is he suffering from shock or does he need to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits but obviously i want him to be okay thing's i have tried so far is checking his pupil response and they are sort of reactive,a breathing check which seems normal,his heart rate is quite fast,i felt for broken ribs but don't think i can feel any breaks but don't really know what to feel for but thought i would see if he yelped in pain when i did it he didn't,but he has gone all limp and fell to sleep i would just like to know if he is in shock or needs to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits and cant afford to pay a vet but want the pup to be okay so please could you help if possible thankyou

Sorry to hear that your pup may have had an accident.

This is a tough question to answer over the internet. I think the best thing to do is to wake the pup up and see if he can walk around ok.

If you can't get him to wake up then I am concerned that there may be something more serious going on.

Are his gums nice and pink? When dogs are in shock their gum color will be pale or white.

If he is unable to get up and walk then yes, I do think an emergency visit is the best idea.

I hope he is ok!

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8521 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (5577 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16644 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (6662 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (18280 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (8962 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (16583 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (13302 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (11259 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (9063 views)