Puppy stepped on.

Breed: staffie
my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15 stone husband not all of his weight but he stood on the pups side and rib cage he was led on a mattress i have felt his ribs and he does not yelp he did a bit afterwards he has now gone quiet and gone to sleep i checked his pupil resonse to light and they are sort of reacting his breathing is normal but his heart is beating really fast should we let him sleep is he suffering from shock or does he need to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits but obviously i want him to be okay thing's i have tried so far is checking his pupil response and they are sort of reactive,a breathing check which seems normal,his heart rate is quite fast,i felt for broken ribs but don't think i can feel any breaks but don't really know what to feel for but thought i would see if he yelped in pain when i did it he didn't,but he has gone all limp and fell to sleep i would just like to know if he is in shock or needs to see a vet as i am a single parent on benefits and cant afford to pay a vet but want the pup to be okay so please could you help if possible thankyou

Sorry to hear that your pup may have had an accident.

This is a tough question to answer over the internet. I think the best thing to do is to wake the pup up and see if he can walk around ok.

If you can't get him to wake up then I am concerned that there may be something more serious going on.

Are his gums nice and pink? When dogs are in shock their gum color will be pale or white.

If he is unable to get up and walk then yes, I do think an emergency visit is the best idea.

I hope he is ok!

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (11482 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (208197 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (8377 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (19368 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (8063 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10779 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (12303 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (7814 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (9705 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (21150 views)