Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (11751 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (11068 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (10582 views)

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (18420 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (24600 views)

Anemic dog. Hi, I'm really worried about my dog Sammy. He was at the vet a couple of days ago... (10783 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (11179 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (22589 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (38185 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (14144 views)