Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (20083 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (10193 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4544 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (45664 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18611 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36633 views)

Cats not eating. Viral Infection in Throat? I have 3 cats at home (in Singapore, Asia). 1... (11012 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (20109 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (8799 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8835 views)