Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (24170 views)

Herpes and sore mouth. My 2 year old short hair tabby was diagnosed with FHV quite early on.. he's been... (12927 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9215 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5293 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28474 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (13950 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (4358 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6455 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (27644 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (5527 views)