Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (9057 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (48094 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (13649 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (9267 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (98606 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (10780 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (38244 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17897 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (6365 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (6899 views)