Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (10957 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6666 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (11656 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14359 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (15373 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10444 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (11625 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (30694 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (13201 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (60174 views)