Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Arthritis prevention. I have a VERY active 8-year-old German Wirehaired Pointer who LOVES to run. I know... (5296 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14949 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (10092 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (11342 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7658 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (12128 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4934 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (7129 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (14135 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (35341 views)