Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (9729 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (5959 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4509 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11067 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (30975 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (27739 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (5888 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (5003 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9927 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15210 views)