Pumpkin for anal glands.

Breed: mix retriever/shelti
My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for a 40 lb. dog what amount of pure pumpkin would be suitable for additional fiber.
Thank you

We don't know for sure if pumpkin helps with anal gland problems but it definitely won't hurt!

The idea is that the pumpkin will help to bulk up the stools which should help to stimulate the glands to empty more on their own.

For a dog of her size I would recommend 1-2 tbsp of pumpkin per day.

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10305 views)

Back leg shaking. My aging Pit bull terrier's back leg shakes like he has Parkinson's disease. Back... (7981 views)

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (5929 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5059 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16940 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (15907 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (6171 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (4761 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (21350 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18084 views)