Cisapride to a cat that is not eating?

Breed: mixed breed
My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has no problem and the defacation has been ok.
Last 3 days she has been extemely quiet and remote, and stopped eating ! I have to stop
giving her cisapride because she didn't have any food at all. Is it ok to stop cisapride now that she is not feeling well and then start giving it to her again when she starts
taking food. I haven't bring her to the vet
as she is traumatized each time she goes to the vet for manual evacuation of stools in the past. Her mouth will be completely foam with saliva and non stop even arrived at the vet clinic. I am so afraid the trip will worsen her condition. I have been force feeding her a little bit of Royal Cannin
Recovery, also gave her some nutritional gel which she did try to avoid. Main question is should I stop cisapride because I am not supposed to stop her regular in take of cisapride. I am not sure whether her bowels are clogged. Her last poo was 3 days ago about 2 inch. After that she hasn't been eating much.

Dealing with constipation issues in older cats is something I really do not enjoy. It can unfortunately be very difficult.

I don't have a problem with giving Cisapride without food. In fact, I would say that stopping the Cisapride could actually make the problem worse.

However, my main concern here is the fact that Trudy is not eating. If a cat is not eating there is always a medical reason for it.

It's possible the reason is simply that she is having constipation issues again. If she is going 3 days in between bowel movements then this is not good. This can make her very uncomfortable and can definitely affect her appetite.

But it's also possible that there is another issue. In older cats we commonly will see problems with the kidneys. If there is a kidney problem then the cat tends to struggle with dehydration. When a cat is dehydrated, the body will take fluid out of the intestines and this can make the stools very hard and difficult to pass.

There are many other possibilities as well. I know Trudy does not like going to the vet, but I really think that she should see a doctor. If this is simply a constipation issue, it's possible that a simple enema could get things going again. If we wait too long then, it could mean the difference between a single enema vs hospitalization, IV fluids and multiple enemas in order to get her defecating again. And, if there is a medical problem then we need to find out what it is.

I wish I could give you an easy solution. I would say, go ahead and give her her cisapride and if she is not better by the morning I would definitely have her seen.

Thank you Dr. Marie for your recommendation. I will give Trudy cisapride accordingly. I also have taken your advice and brought Trudy to the Vet. She has a manual evacuation and found alot of fur stuck in her mega colon. Also found
mini piece of stick! which I have no idea where and when she found and ate it ! I hope after the removal of hard stools she will become better soon.

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (7377 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13662 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (33236 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (45789 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19590 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (10241 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7418 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (14432 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (10095 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (25169 views)