Urinating in house.

Breed: Norwegian forest cat
Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore paw for a few days and a bit of raw skin by her mouth, but ever since this has happened she keeps pooing in the house although she does still venture outside. This has been going on for a week now and with 2 small children in the house its not very hygenic and would prefer not to introduce a litter tray especially as we have another cat. She seems ok in every other way and have not seen any other change in her behaviour. Her poo does sometimes have a bit of blood but not all the time. Do you have any ideas why she is pooing indoors and what can we do to make her go to the toilet outside again? thanks

You may get some help from reading this article that I wrote:

Urinating in the house.

Has Alice seen a vet? If she has infection from the fight then this can be causing her body stress which will contribute to urinating and defecating in the house.

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (6858 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (10395 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (32844 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11757 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (37240 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (24974 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (17008 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (10207 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (10650 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (13215 views)