Bump on dog's ear.

Breed: peke-tzu
I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't feel it from the inside the ear but from the outside. after flipping through his fur I noticed its all white. could it be a broken bone or something else that is developing there? to note he hasn't been acting oddly so the lump doesn't seem to bother him.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the bump, but I'll give you a few possibilities.

It is certainly possible that Merlin has suffered a wound (like a nip from another dog) and has a small abscess.

Another possibility is a growth or tumor.

Sometimes if the ear is swollen it can be something called an aural hematoma. This happens when the ear or part of the ear fills up with blood between the cartilage and the skin.

There is no bone in the ear.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look!

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7739 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (35920 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (14819 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (10111 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (5477 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14466 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5612 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10502 views)

Itchy ear Hi Dr. I have a 9 month old neutered male golden. Beginning last Saturday he... (14020 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (18758 views)