Bump on dog's ear.

Breed: peke-tzu
I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't feel it from the inside the ear but from the outside. after flipping through his fur I noticed its all white. could it be a broken bone or something else that is developing there? to note he hasn't been acting oddly so the lump doesn't seem to bother him.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the bump, but I'll give you a few possibilities.

It is certainly possible that Merlin has suffered a wound (like a nip from another dog) and has a small abscess.

Another possibility is a growth or tumor.

Sometimes if the ear is swollen it can be something called an aural hematoma. This happens when the ear or part of the ear fills up with blood between the cartilage and the skin.

There is no bone in the ear.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look!

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (9663 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10114 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (12846 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8101 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (10707 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (15385 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (36089 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (17073 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (5358 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (7255 views)