Bump on dog's ear.

Breed: peke-tzu
I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't feel it from the inside the ear but from the outside. after flipping through his fur I noticed its all white. could it be a broken bone or something else that is developing there? to note he hasn't been acting oddly so the lump doesn't seem to bother him.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the bump, but I'll give you a few possibilities.

It is certainly possible that Merlin has suffered a wound (like a nip from another dog) and has a small abscess.

Another possibility is a growth or tumor.

Sometimes if the ear is swollen it can be something called an aural hematoma. This happens when the ear or part of the ear fills up with blood between the cartilage and the skin.

There is no bone in the ear.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look!

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (7183 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (6779 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (16304 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (4415 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (34352 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (28887 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (14233 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6106 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (13035 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (4551 views)