Bump on dog's ear.

Breed: peke-tzu
I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't feel it from the inside the ear but from the outside. after flipping through his fur I noticed its all white. could it be a broken bone or something else that is developing there? to note he hasn't been acting oddly so the lump doesn't seem to bother him.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the bump, but I'll give you a few possibilities.

It is certainly possible that Merlin has suffered a wound (like a nip from another dog) and has a small abscess.

Another possibility is a growth or tumor.

Sometimes if the ear is swollen it can be something called an aural hematoma. This happens when the ear or part of the ear fills up with blood between the cartilage and the skin.

There is no bone in the ear.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look!

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6165 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (6404 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (8582 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (4545 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (13144 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (50447 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (32312 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4451 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (6762 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (8978 views)