Bump on dog's ear.

Breed: peke-tzu
I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't feel it from the inside the ear but from the outside. after flipping through his fur I noticed its all white. could it be a broken bone or something else that is developing there? to note he hasn't been acting oddly so the lump doesn't seem to bother him.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the bump, but I'll give you a few possibilities.

It is certainly possible that Merlin has suffered a wound (like a nip from another dog) and has a small abscess.

Another possibility is a growth or tumor.

Sometimes if the ear is swollen it can be something called an aural hematoma. This happens when the ear or part of the ear fills up with blood between the cartilage and the skin.

There is no bone in the ear.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look!

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (61062 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (6898 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (11457 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (56442 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (17357 views)

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (15289 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (12849 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (10418 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (16942 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (27095 views)