Do dogs get gonorrhea?

Breed: mini schnauz

I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I am now really concerned about my almost 2 year-old dog Winston, who likes to steal my panties and lick or chew them. I feel ashamed to ask my vet about this - could he get the infection from doing this? He does not have any symptoms, but I don't want him to go untreated if this is a possibility. Thanks.

First of all, thank you so much for being brave enough to ask this question online. You can rest assured that you are not the only person to look for information like this.

I have good news for you. Gonorrhea is not contagious from people to dogs. Dogs do not get gonorrhea. You don't need to worry about him getting this at all.

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (7198 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (19163 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (16327 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (7772 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (6284 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (11058 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (18450 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (8190 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (8714 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (9465 views)