Do dogs get gonorrhea?

Breed: mini schnauz

I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I am now really concerned about my almost 2 year-old dog Winston, who likes to steal my panties and lick or chew them. I feel ashamed to ask my vet about this - could he get the infection from doing this? He does not have any symptoms, but I don't want him to go untreated if this is a possibility. Thanks.

First of all, thank you so much for being brave enough to ask this question online. You can rest assured that you are not the only person to look for information like this.

I have good news for you. Gonorrhea is not contagious from people to dogs. Dogs do not get gonorrhea. You don't need to worry about him getting this at all.

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6595 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13825 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (9782 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (18079 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (8329 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (7895 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (24654 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (10128 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11212 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (8522 views)