Do dogs get gonorrhea?

Breed: mini schnauz

I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I am now really concerned about my almost 2 year-old dog Winston, who likes to steal my panties and lick or chew them. I feel ashamed to ask my vet about this - could he get the infection from doing this? He does not have any symptoms, but I don't want him to go untreated if this is a possibility. Thanks.

First of all, thank you so much for being brave enough to ask this question online. You can rest assured that you are not the only person to look for information like this.

I have good news for you. Gonorrhea is not contagious from people to dogs. Dogs do not get gonorrhea. You don't need to worry about him getting this at all.

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (5586 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7610 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7414 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (7623 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (8910 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (10451 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (4492 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5074 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (15391 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10273 views)