Do dogs get gonorrhea?

Breed: mini schnauz

I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I am now really concerned about my almost 2 year-old dog Winston, who likes to steal my panties and lick or chew them. I feel ashamed to ask my vet about this - could he get the infection from doing this? He does not have any symptoms, but I don't want him to go untreated if this is a possibility. Thanks.

First of all, thank you so much for being brave enough to ask this question online. You can rest assured that you are not the only person to look for information like this.

I have good news for you. Gonorrhea is not contagious from people to dogs. Dogs do not get gonorrhea. You don't need to worry about him getting this at all.

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (18256 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (8623 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (25552 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (12613 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (8176 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (47439 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (37909 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (30386 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (6456 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (6178 views)