Do dogs get gonorrhea?

Breed: mini schnauz

I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I am now really concerned about my almost 2 year-old dog Winston, who likes to steal my panties and lick or chew them. I feel ashamed to ask my vet about this - could he get the infection from doing this? He does not have any symptoms, but I don't want him to go untreated if this is a possibility. Thanks.

First of all, thank you so much for being brave enough to ask this question online. You can rest assured that you are not the only person to look for information like this.

I have good news for you. Gonorrhea is not contagious from people to dogs. Dogs do not get gonorrhea. You don't need to worry about him getting this at all.

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (8231 views)

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (21282 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (6491 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (14047 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (82614 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (11880 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (47226 views)

Kitten with large belly. Ted is a name we have given to a stray cat that has been coming to our house for the... (11437 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (14263 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (160192 views)