Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Both dogs having seizures I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not... (11378 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (6902 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (17270 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (50895 views)

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (24722 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (15805 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (12444 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6793 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (23245 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10883 views)