Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (6165 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (47742 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (13762 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (52153 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (10699 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (9409 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (17562 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (26736 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (59806 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (38271 views)