Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (24866 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (22128 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (15178 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7090 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (10877 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (7842 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (8423 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (16582 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (7628 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9413 views)