Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (20076 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (14586 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (19924 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7874 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (22021 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (10380 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7409 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (34925 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (16857 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (8731 views)