Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (9311 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9326 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (54089 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (5764 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (23248 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17323 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (14909 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10123 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (20238 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (11306 views)