Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (6779 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (33086 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6497 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (9580 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (28822 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (5213 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7005 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (13917 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (21855 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (7676 views)