Cat has fleas.

Breed: Tabby
My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a flea medicine I can but that wont kill him. It is sad that I have to look here for the answer because none of the corporations are posting the hazards on their products. I want my happy, waiting to ambush my feet cat back. Thank you for your time and what you do.

Justin

The only medicines that I have found to be safe and effective for fleas are ones that you can buy from your veterinarian. I am a big fan of Revolution and Advantage for cats and also Comfortis for dogs.

Frontline can be good as well.

In some areas you can buy Advantage or Frontline without a veterinary prescription.

I have found that pet store products that look the same as the ones mentioned above really do not work well.

You can read more about fleas and treating them, here:
Getting rid of fleas.

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (22694 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (19548 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (7879 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (30285 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (15185 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (30113 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (14719 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (8496 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (26647 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (5131 views)