Wobbly Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy running into walls and tripping down the stairs and have always thought he was just ungraceful. But recently within a couple days of each other he keeps asking like he is out he isnt fully there in his eyes. All legs act like they are going in a paralized state, he cannot hold himself up but will try his hardest to keep standing. He walks in circles when he starts feeling better but then it happens again. The entire episode will last close to around 3-4 mins but i know this is not normal. He acts completely exhausted after this episode and walks slowly around the house and lays most of the night. Before the episode he is happy and hyper. Then, it is like something hit him. He is a sweet boy and very active normally. His stamina has always been very low and doesnt like to run for very long. Can you help me with this, i am very worried for him! I recently read about Wobble Syndrome does that sound like a posibility?

This is a situation that has me concerned!

My first thought is that you may be seeing some mini-seizures in Rocky. It is common for a dog to act quite disoriented before, during and after a seizure.

It would be great if you were able to videotape one of the episodes so that your vet could take a look.

It really doesn't sound like wobbler's to me, although it is remotely possible. Wobbler's is much more common in Great Danes and Dobermans. It usually affects younger dogs. But, it can come on at any age. The symptoms don't usually come and go as you have described. Your vet can do some easy neurological tests to determine if this looks like a neurological problem in the neck (which is what wobbler's is).

Another possibility is a back problem such as inflammation around a disc.

It sounds to me like we are dealing with seizures though. Most dogs with seizures can usually be controlled quite well with medication.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

I hope everything is ok.

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (674624 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (11092 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (29685 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8169 views)

Dog licking other dog's ear. My roommate's pit/lab mix Champ is moderately obsessed with licking/chewing on my... (56114 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (25347 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (19625 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13187 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9850 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (5245 views)