Wobbly Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy running into walls and tripping down the stairs and have always thought he was just ungraceful. But recently within a couple days of each other he keeps asking like he is out he isnt fully there in his eyes. All legs act like they are going in a paralized state, he cannot hold himself up but will try his hardest to keep standing. He walks in circles when he starts feeling better but then it happens again. The entire episode will last close to around 3-4 mins but i know this is not normal. He acts completely exhausted after this episode and walks slowly around the house and lays most of the night. Before the episode he is happy and hyper. Then, it is like something hit him. He is a sweet boy and very active normally. His stamina has always been very low and doesnt like to run for very long. Can you help me with this, i am very worried for him! I recently read about Wobble Syndrome does that sound like a posibility?

This is a situation that has me concerned!

My first thought is that you may be seeing some mini-seizures in Rocky. It is common for a dog to act quite disoriented before, during and after a seizure.

It would be great if you were able to videotape one of the episodes so that your vet could take a look.

It really doesn't sound like wobbler's to me, although it is remotely possible. Wobbler's is much more common in Great Danes and Dobermans. It usually affects younger dogs. But, it can come on at any age. The symptoms don't usually come and go as you have described. Your vet can do some easy neurological tests to determine if this looks like a neurological problem in the neck (which is what wobbler's is).

Another possibility is a back problem such as inflammation around a disc.

It sounds to me like we are dealing with seizures though. Most dogs with seizures can usually be controlled quite well with medication.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

I hope everything is ok.

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (8172 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (10466 views)

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (12255 views)

Flea problems. I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control... (9056 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (13571 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (16431 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (17875 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (64118 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11603 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (13902 views)