Wobbly Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy running into walls and tripping down the stairs and have always thought he was just ungraceful. But recently within a couple days of each other he keeps asking like he is out he isnt fully there in his eyes. All legs act like they are going in a paralized state, he cannot hold himself up but will try his hardest to keep standing. He walks in circles when he starts feeling better but then it happens again. The entire episode will last close to around 3-4 mins but i know this is not normal. He acts completely exhausted after this episode and walks slowly around the house and lays most of the night. Before the episode he is happy and hyper. Then, it is like something hit him. He is a sweet boy and very active normally. His stamina has always been very low and doesnt like to run for very long. Can you help me with this, i am very worried for him! I recently read about Wobble Syndrome does that sound like a posibility?

This is a situation that has me concerned!

My first thought is that you may be seeing some mini-seizures in Rocky. It is common for a dog to act quite disoriented before, during and after a seizure.

It would be great if you were able to videotape one of the episodes so that your vet could take a look.

It really doesn't sound like wobbler's to me, although it is remotely possible. Wobbler's is much more common in Great Danes and Dobermans. It usually affects younger dogs. But, it can come on at any age. The symptoms don't usually come and go as you have described. Your vet can do some easy neurological tests to determine if this looks like a neurological problem in the neck (which is what wobbler's is).

Another possibility is a back problem such as inflammation around a disc.

It sounds to me like we are dealing with seizures though. Most dogs with seizures can usually be controlled quite well with medication.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

I hope everything is ok.

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (64860 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (50579 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (5999 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (42931 views)

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5753 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (16314 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (18016 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (13449 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (13069 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (7682 views)