Wobbly Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy running into walls and tripping down the stairs and have always thought he was just ungraceful. But recently within a couple days of each other he keeps asking like he is out he isnt fully there in his eyes. All legs act like they are going in a paralized state, he cannot hold himself up but will try his hardest to keep standing. He walks in circles when he starts feeling better but then it happens again. The entire episode will last close to around 3-4 mins but i know this is not normal. He acts completely exhausted after this episode and walks slowly around the house and lays most of the night. Before the episode he is happy and hyper. Then, it is like something hit him. He is a sweet boy and very active normally. His stamina has always been very low and doesnt like to run for very long. Can you help me with this, i am very worried for him! I recently read about Wobble Syndrome does that sound like a posibility?

This is a situation that has me concerned!

My first thought is that you may be seeing some mini-seizures in Rocky. It is common for a dog to act quite disoriented before, during and after a seizure.

It would be great if you were able to videotape one of the episodes so that your vet could take a look.

It really doesn't sound like wobbler's to me, although it is remotely possible. Wobbler's is much more common in Great Danes and Dobermans. It usually affects younger dogs. But, it can come on at any age. The symptoms don't usually come and go as you have described. Your vet can do some easy neurological tests to determine if this looks like a neurological problem in the neck (which is what wobbler's is).

Another possibility is a back problem such as inflammation around a disc.

It sounds to me like we are dealing with seizures though. Most dogs with seizures can usually be controlled quite well with medication.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

I hope everything is ok.

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (8222 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (33095 views)

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (17490 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (41166 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (13283 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (15866 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (9888 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (23481 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18582 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (14045 views)