Wobbly Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy running into walls and tripping down the stairs and have always thought he was just ungraceful. But recently within a couple days of each other he keeps asking like he is out he isnt fully there in his eyes. All legs act like they are going in a paralized state, he cannot hold himself up but will try his hardest to keep standing. He walks in circles when he starts feeling better but then it happens again. The entire episode will last close to around 3-4 mins but i know this is not normal. He acts completely exhausted after this episode and walks slowly around the house and lays most of the night. Before the episode he is happy and hyper. Then, it is like something hit him. He is a sweet boy and very active normally. His stamina has always been very low and doesnt like to run for very long. Can you help me with this, i am very worried for him! I recently read about Wobble Syndrome does that sound like a posibility?

This is a situation that has me concerned!

My first thought is that you may be seeing some mini-seizures in Rocky. It is common for a dog to act quite disoriented before, during and after a seizure.

It would be great if you were able to videotape one of the episodes so that your vet could take a look.

It really doesn't sound like wobbler's to me, although it is remotely possible. Wobbler's is much more common in Great Danes and Dobermans. It usually affects younger dogs. But, it can come on at any age. The symptoms don't usually come and go as you have described. Your vet can do some easy neurological tests to determine if this looks like a neurological problem in the neck (which is what wobbler's is).

Another possibility is a back problem such as inflammation around a disc.

It sounds to me like we are dealing with seizures though. Most dogs with seizures can usually be controlled quite well with medication.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

I hope everything is ok.

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (9727 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (11762 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (34945 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (77257 views)

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (14268 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (23397 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (24552 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (11366 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (11770 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (21337 views)