Itchy behind neck and ears.

Breed: Maine Coone
My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail, and under her chin. This is causing a bunch of bumps to form that are getting a little crusty. I continuously wipe the area to keep it clean, but I do not know what is causing this. She doesn't have fleas, of that I am sure.

Is there a reason why she is doing this, besides she is itchy?

How do I stop the itch and help the bumps heal?

There are several possible reasons for a cat to have bumps on the neck, tail and chin. Fleas are certainly possible, even if you can't see them. I would urge you to read this article:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

If it's not fleas then an allergy (food or other) is possible. It's also possible that it is a problem called an eosinophilic plaque. This is treated with a steroid injection from the vet.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet in order to get help. There really is no at home remedy that will help here.

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Crusty sores on cat.
Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Stopped prednisolone suddenly. Hi Dr. Marie, My 2.5 year old cat, Pebbles, was diagnosed with pretty severe... (20018 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (13125 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10328 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (11097 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (10850 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (4926 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (24480 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8383 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (13892 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10189 views)