Itchy behind neck and ears.

Breed: Maine Coone
My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail, and under her chin. This is causing a bunch of bumps to form that are getting a little crusty. I continuously wipe the area to keep it clean, but I do not know what is causing this. She doesn't have fleas, of that I am sure.

Is there a reason why she is doing this, besides she is itchy?

How do I stop the itch and help the bumps heal?

There are several possible reasons for a cat to have bumps on the neck, tail and chin. Fleas are certainly possible, even if you can't see them. I would urge you to read this article:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

If it's not fleas then an allergy (food or other) is possible. It's also possible that it is a problem called an eosinophilic plaque. This is treated with a steroid injection from the vet.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet in order to get help. There really is no at home remedy that will help here.

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Crusty sores on cat.
Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (10735 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (36246 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (27221 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (18371 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (9306 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (6525 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5509 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (10658 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (26093 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15490 views)