Itchy behind neck and ears.

Breed: Maine Coone
My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail, and under her chin. This is causing a bunch of bumps to form that are getting a little crusty. I continuously wipe the area to keep it clean, but I do not know what is causing this. She doesn't have fleas, of that I am sure.

Is there a reason why she is doing this, besides she is itchy?

How do I stop the itch and help the bumps heal?

There are several possible reasons for a cat to have bumps on the neck, tail and chin. Fleas are certainly possible, even if you can't see them. I would urge you to read this article:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

If it's not fleas then an allergy (food or other) is possible. It's also possible that it is a problem called an eosinophilic plaque. This is treated with a steroid injection from the vet.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet in order to get help. There really is no at home remedy that will help here.

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Crusty sores on cat.
Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (15447 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (29468 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (42831 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (14653 views)

White blisters in cat's ears. My cat has a number of small white "blisters" on her ears. She repeatedly scratches... (9301 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (11963 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (11316 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (7452 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (7762 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12868 views)