Itchy behind neck and ears.

Breed: Maine Coone
My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail, and under her chin. This is causing a bunch of bumps to form that are getting a little crusty. I continuously wipe the area to keep it clean, but I do not know what is causing this. She doesn't have fleas, of that I am sure.

Is there a reason why she is doing this, besides she is itchy?

How do I stop the itch and help the bumps heal?

There are several possible reasons for a cat to have bumps on the neck, tail and chin. Fleas are certainly possible, even if you can't see them. I would urge you to read this article:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

If it's not fleas then an allergy (food or other) is possible. It's also possible that it is a problem called an eosinophilic plaque. This is treated with a steroid injection from the vet.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet in order to get help. There really is no at home remedy that will help here.

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Crusty sores on cat.
Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (6851 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (8238 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (53157 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9357 views)

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (16294 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6122 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (94375 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (42758 views)

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (11388 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13138 views)