Itchy behind neck and ears.

Breed: Maine Coone
My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail, and under her chin. This is causing a bunch of bumps to form that are getting a little crusty. I continuously wipe the area to keep it clean, but I do not know what is causing this. She doesn't have fleas, of that I am sure.

Is there a reason why she is doing this, besides she is itchy?

How do I stop the itch and help the bumps heal?

There are several possible reasons for a cat to have bumps on the neck, tail and chin. Fleas are certainly possible, even if you can't see them. I would urge you to read this article:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

If it's not fleas then an allergy (food or other) is possible. It's also possible that it is a problem called an eosinophilic plaque. This is treated with a steroid injection from the vet.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet in order to get help. There really is no at home remedy that will help here.

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Crusty sores on cat.
Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (224040 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14838 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7515 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (16689 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7946 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (20977 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14781 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (6146 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (11239 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (61181 views)