Dog is drooling.

Breed: Beagle
My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him out.

Hi Doug...First of all, some dogs will drool in response to nausea. It is possible that he has gotten into something or eaten something that has made him a little nauseous. If it is due to nausea, it may help to give him some pepcid (famotidine). Ideally, you should do this on the advice of your vet, but it is generally a safe medicine so you can read about it here:

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

Next, some dogs will have excessive drooling as a reaction to some over the counter flea products. If you do use such products you may want to see if it is coincidental with their use.

It is also possible that your dog has eaten something that tastes absolutely horrible such as certain insects or toads from the garden. If this is the case then the drooling will last anywhere from a few hours to 24 hours.

Another possibility is that there is a tooth infection present. If the drooling has not gone away in 24 hours then a vet visit is probably a good idea.

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (10745 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (11891 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (29085 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (38413 views)

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (19330 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (7032 views)

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (11666 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (23583 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (10114 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (20285 views)