Dog is drooling.

Breed: Beagle
My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him out.

Hi Doug...First of all, some dogs will drool in response to nausea. It is possible that he has gotten into something or eaten something that has made him a little nauseous. If it is due to nausea, it may help to give him some pepcid (famotidine). Ideally, you should do this on the advice of your vet, but it is generally a safe medicine so you can read about it here:

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

Next, some dogs will have excessive drooling as a reaction to some over the counter flea products. If you do use such products you may want to see if it is coincidental with their use.

It is also possible that your dog has eaten something that tastes absolutely horrible such as certain insects or toads from the garden. If this is the case then the drooling will last anywhere from a few hours to 24 hours.

Another possibility is that there is a tooth infection present. If the drooling has not gone away in 24 hours then a vet visit is probably a good idea.

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (14139 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (14454 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13745 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6990 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19737 views)

Regurgitating water. Hello, Dr Marie. My cocker spaniel just recently started regurgitating water. He... (12316 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (10055 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (8407 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (10164 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (6323 views)