Dog is drooling.

Breed: Beagle
My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him out.

Hi Doug...First of all, some dogs will drool in response to nausea. It is possible that he has gotten into something or eaten something that has made him a little nauseous. If it is due to nausea, it may help to give him some pepcid (famotidine). Ideally, you should do this on the advice of your vet, but it is generally a safe medicine so you can read about it here:

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

Next, some dogs will have excessive drooling as a reaction to some over the counter flea products. If you do use such products you may want to see if it is coincidental with their use.

It is also possible that your dog has eaten something that tastes absolutely horrible such as certain insects or toads from the garden. If this is the case then the drooling will last anywhere from a few hours to 24 hours.

Another possibility is that there is a tooth infection present. If the drooling has not gone away in 24 hours then a vet visit is probably a good idea.

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (10652 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (38476 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (9333 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (14310 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (69283 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7124 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (11797 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (8088 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16202 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (10819 views)