Dog is drooling.

Breed: Beagle
My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him out.

Hi Doug...First of all, some dogs will drool in response to nausea. It is possible that he has gotten into something or eaten something that has made him a little nauseous. If it is due to nausea, it may help to give him some pepcid (famotidine). Ideally, you should do this on the advice of your vet, but it is generally a safe medicine so you can read about it here:

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

Next, some dogs will have excessive drooling as a reaction to some over the counter flea products. If you do use such products you may want to see if it is coincidental with their use.

It is also possible that your dog has eaten something that tastes absolutely horrible such as certain insects or toads from the garden. If this is the case then the drooling will last anywhere from a few hours to 24 hours.

Another possibility is that there is a tooth infection present. If the drooling has not gone away in 24 hours then a vet visit is probably a good idea.

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (12222 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (12285 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (22893 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (47179 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (16567 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23410 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (10198 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (10225 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (53214 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (15925 views)