Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (14488 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (25817 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (30433 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (22512 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (17175 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (17629 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (10676 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (12222 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (11743 views)

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (11768 views)