Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (18072 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (9245 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (6202 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (5669 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (7521 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (12847 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (11508 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (9572 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (9488 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (10607 views)