Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (9100 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (28139 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (24385 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (16749 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (10050 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (25218 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (46521 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8749 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (10617 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7566 views)