Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (60160 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (30743 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (25665 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (5674 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10257 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (28625 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (6493 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (9960 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (15147 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (21626 views)