Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (13425 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (9746 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (14578 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10153 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (24484 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (12742 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (7067 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (8799 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (42411 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12757 views)