Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (7923 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (19204 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (13991 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (28330 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (30232 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (11145 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (7424 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (49883 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (43189 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (8460 views)