Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (7784 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (11813 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (14097 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (13154 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (30276 views)

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (26544 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (9937 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (34003 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (17373 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (13520 views)