Vomiting after allergy injection

Breed: mutt
My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching due to her allergy of fleas and she threw up yesterday some and today a lot more. what might she have?

Hi and thanks for your question.

This is a tough question for me to answer without being able to see Penny. There really shouldn't be a connection between a shot for allergies and vomiting. Most likely she had a steroid injection which really shouldn't cause vomiting as well.

Was she put on any antibiotics? Some antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Did she have extra treats while she was at the vet's office? New, or lots of treats could cause vomiting.

Is she up to date on her vaccines? She could possibly have picked up a virus at the office. However, it would usually take more than 24 hours to start showing symptoms so this is unlikely.

It is a good idea to have your sister call her vet and ask if the injection given could have contributed to the vomiting. If the vomiting has not resolved after 24 hours then you may need to take her back in.

I hope she is oK!

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (93588 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6783 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (9402 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (12673 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (11950 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (7161 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (10084 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (8429 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (10645 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (31513 views)