Sore anus after using chlorox wipe.

Breed: Cocker spaniel
I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and my dog is bleeding from the anus and forming something around the hole. What should I do?

Wow, that would definitely be uncomfortable for your dog.

However, this wipe should not cause bleeding from the anus. It sounds like your dog may have an anal sac abscess. You can read a little bit more about that here: Anal Gland problems in dogs.

An anal sac abscess is painful and always needs to be treated by a vet.

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (10630 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (17514 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (9228 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (8898 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (15529 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (10252 views)

Guinea Pig in Heat? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a guinea pig named Charlie, and my friend also has a... (32428 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (14676 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (12493 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (39921 views)