Sore anus after using chlorox wipe.

Breed: Cocker spaniel
I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and my dog is bleeding from the anus and forming something around the hole. What should I do?

Wow, that would definitely be uncomfortable for your dog.

However, this wipe should not cause bleeding from the anus. It sounds like your dog may have an anal sac abscess. You can read a little bit more about that here: Anal Gland problems in dogs.

An anal sac abscess is painful and always needs to be treated by a vet.

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (6556 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (12075 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (25595 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13229 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (5931 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (7476 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (13485 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (9633 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (26548 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (9111 views)