Sore anus after using chlorox wipe.

Breed: Cocker spaniel
I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and my dog is bleeding from the anus and forming something around the hole. What should I do?

Wow, that would definitely be uncomfortable for your dog.

However, this wipe should not cause bleeding from the anus. It sounds like your dog may have an anal sac abscess. You can read a little bit more about that here: Anal Gland problems in dogs.

An anal sac abscess is painful and always needs to be treated by a vet.

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (17841 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (15340 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (31757 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (17514 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (13501 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (23683 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (47147 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (200627 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (20046 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (55914 views)