Cat bitten by dog.

Breed: Siamese
My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward his belly. i gave him a bath and put peroxide and neosporin on it. is there anything else i could do?

A wound like this definitely needs veterinary attention! Hopefully it will be something that can heal over without surgery, but if it can, Mudd will definitely need antibiotics if he has had a dog bite wound.

Often when there is a bite wound there is much more damage under the surface than what we can see. If he does need surgery at all, it is much better to have the surgery done when the wound is fresh.

I see now that this question was asked in the free question section. Unfortunately those questions don't get to me until a week or more later, so hopefully it is not too late! I hope he is ok!

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9390 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (7835 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (59664 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (24958 views)

Bleach got on dog's skin. Our child picked up some 2% bleach cleaning solution and sprayed it into our dog... (16573 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (9840 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11638 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (9936 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (5041 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (6574 views)