Cat bitten by dog.

Breed: Siamese
My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward his belly. i gave him a bath and put peroxide and neosporin on it. is there anything else i could do?

A wound like this definitely needs veterinary attention! Hopefully it will be something that can heal over without surgery, but if it can, Mudd will definitely need antibiotics if he has had a dog bite wound.

Often when there is a bite wound there is much more damage under the surface than what we can see. If he does need surgery at all, it is much better to have the surgery done when the wound is fresh.

I see now that this question was asked in the free question section. Unfortunately those questions don't get to me until a week or more later, so hopefully it is not too late! I hope he is ok!

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (27536 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (10706 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (20539 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (17335 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (7276 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (11868 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (11162 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (9775 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (14763 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (10934 views)