Cat bitten by dog.

Breed: Siamese
My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward his belly. i gave him a bath and put peroxide and neosporin on it. is there anything else i could do?

A wound like this definitely needs veterinary attention! Hopefully it will be something that can heal over without surgery, but if it can, Mudd will definitely need antibiotics if he has had a dog bite wound.

Often when there is a bite wound there is much more damage under the surface than what we can see. If he does need surgery at all, it is much better to have the surgery done when the wound is fresh.

I see now that this question was asked in the free question section. Unfortunately those questions don't get to me until a week or more later, so hopefully it is not too late! I hope he is ok!

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (7865 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (7508 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (24216 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (21155 views)

Itchy ear Hi Dr. I have a 9 month old neutered male golden. Beginning last Saturday he... (15884 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (9924 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (22247 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (11420 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (20148 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (14542 views)