Cat bitten by dog.

Breed: Siamese
My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward his belly. i gave him a bath and put peroxide and neosporin on it. is there anything else i could do?

A wound like this definitely needs veterinary attention! Hopefully it will be something that can heal over without surgery, but if it can, Mudd will definitely need antibiotics if he has had a dog bite wound.

Often when there is a bite wound there is much more damage under the surface than what we can see. If he does need surgery at all, it is much better to have the surgery done when the wound is fresh.

I see now that this question was asked in the free question section. Unfortunately those questions don't get to me until a week or more later, so hopefully it is not too late! I hope he is ok!

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (13770 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (51696 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (8430 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10317 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5098 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (9671 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (11024 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (92000 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (21275 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (12610 views)