Cat bitten by dog.

Breed: Siamese
My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward his belly. i gave him a bath and put peroxide and neosporin on it. is there anything else i could do?

A wound like this definitely needs veterinary attention! Hopefully it will be something that can heal over without surgery, but if it can, Mudd will definitely need antibiotics if he has had a dog bite wound.

Often when there is a bite wound there is much more damage under the surface than what we can see. If he does need surgery at all, it is much better to have the surgery done when the wound is fresh.

I see now that this question was asked in the free question section. Unfortunately those questions don't get to me until a week or more later, so hopefully it is not too late! I hope he is ok!

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (6509 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (16680 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (17990 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7534 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (28729 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (242649 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (25750 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25041 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (6443 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (10610 views)