Red dots on dog's abdomen.

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It appears to be on his left hinder leg, on the surface of it when he rolls over looks like a rash. I dont know what to do. It looks like its still developing and it just happened today. He's eating Royal Canin Junior 2-12 months dog food and were giving him flea and ticks bath shampoo. He goes out sometimes with me and everyday 1 a day. He seems to be eating properly and sleeping more. What do i do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? How do i treat it?
Thank you

This is not likely to be something that is related to what kind of food your dog eats. (btw...I think Royal Canin is an excellent food.)

The most common reason for red dots on a dog is a skin infection. Most skin infections need to be treated with oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet and given for several weeks.

You mentioned that you give flea and tick baths. These types of shampoos don't work well at all for fleas, so if you are suspecting fleas then you'll need to get a prescription product from your vet. Here is an article I wrote to explain what you need to know about fleas.

If this is not going away on its own then definitely Biscuit should see a vet.

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9140 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8504 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9476 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (14528 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (32490 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (9227 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (8891 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10431 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (5710 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (12195 views)