Red dots on dog's abdomen.

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It appears to be on his left hinder leg, on the surface of it when he rolls over looks like a rash. I dont know what to do. It looks like its still developing and it just happened today. He's eating Royal Canin Junior 2-12 months dog food and were giving him flea and ticks bath shampoo. He goes out sometimes with me and everyday 1 a day. He seems to be eating properly and sleeping more. What do i do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? How do i treat it?
Thank you

This is not likely to be something that is related to what kind of food your dog eats. (btw...I think Royal Canin is an excellent food.)

The most common reason for red dots on a dog is a skin infection. Most skin infections need to be treated with oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet and given for several weeks.

You mentioned that you give flea and tick baths. These types of shampoos don't work well at all for fleas, so if you are suspecting fleas then you'll need to get a prescription product from your vet. Here is an article I wrote to explain what you need to know about fleas.

If this is not going away on its own then definitely Biscuit should see a vet.

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (99454 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (14093 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (8333 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (30918 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (6155 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (12870 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14778 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (14766 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (136340 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (14877 views)