Red dots on dog's abdomen.

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It appears to be on his left hinder leg, on the surface of it when he rolls over looks like a rash. I dont know what to do. It looks like its still developing and it just happened today. He's eating Royal Canin Junior 2-12 months dog food and were giving him flea and ticks bath shampoo. He goes out sometimes with me and everyday 1 a day. He seems to be eating properly and sleeping more. What do i do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? How do i treat it?
Thank you

This is not likely to be something that is related to what kind of food your dog eats. (btw...I think Royal Canin is an excellent food.)

The most common reason for red dots on a dog is a skin infection. Most skin infections need to be treated with oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet and given for several weeks.

You mentioned that you give flea and tick baths. These types of shampoos don't work well at all for fleas, so if you are suspecting fleas then you'll need to get a prescription product from your vet. Here is an article I wrote to explain what you need to know about fleas.

If this is not going away on its own then definitely Biscuit should see a vet.

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (29636 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (13223 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (11443 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (9887 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (32728 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (14548 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5020 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (15964 views)

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (12301 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (8587 views)