Red dots on dog's abdomen.

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It appears to be on his left hinder leg, on the surface of it when he rolls over looks like a rash. I dont know what to do. It looks like its still developing and it just happened today. He's eating Royal Canin Junior 2-12 months dog food and were giving him flea and ticks bath shampoo. He goes out sometimes with me and everyday 1 a day. He seems to be eating properly and sleeping more. What do i do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? How do i treat it?
Thank you

This is not likely to be something that is related to what kind of food your dog eats. (btw...I think Royal Canin is an excellent food.)

The most common reason for red dots on a dog is a skin infection. Most skin infections need to be treated with oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet and given for several weeks.

You mentioned that you give flea and tick baths. These types of shampoos don't work well at all for fleas, so if you are suspecting fleas then you'll need to get a prescription product from your vet. Here is an article I wrote to explain what you need to know about fleas.

If this is not going away on its own then definitely Biscuit should see a vet.

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (13974 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (11726 views)

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (14711 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11422 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5294 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (16494 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (15227 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5126 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (14261 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (11185 views)