Red dots on dog's abdomen.

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It appears to be on his left hinder leg, on the surface of it when he rolls over looks like a rash. I dont know what to do. It looks like its still developing and it just happened today. He's eating Royal Canin Junior 2-12 months dog food and were giving him flea and ticks bath shampoo. He goes out sometimes with me and everyday 1 a day. He seems to be eating properly and sleeping more. What do i do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? How do i treat it?
Thank you

This is not likely to be something that is related to what kind of food your dog eats. (btw...I think Royal Canin is an excellent food.)

The most common reason for red dots on a dog is a skin infection. Most skin infections need to be treated with oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet and given for several weeks.

You mentioned that you give flea and tick baths. These types of shampoos don't work well at all for fleas, so if you are suspecting fleas then you'll need to get a prescription product from your vet. Here is an article I wrote to explain what you need to know about fleas.

If this is not going away on its own then definitely Biscuit should see a vet.

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (24374 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (12543 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (8624 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (8022 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (13301 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (6715 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (6749 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (7533 views)

Can't pee. Constipation issues too. Hello, My cat has Mega Colon and is being treated with CisaPride 5mg/ml suspension.... (13416 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (6750 views)