Red dots on dog's abdomen.

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It appears to be on his left hinder leg, on the surface of it when he rolls over looks like a rash. I dont know what to do. It looks like its still developing and it just happened today. He's eating Royal Canin Junior 2-12 months dog food and were giving him flea and ticks bath shampoo. He goes out sometimes with me and everyday 1 a day. He seems to be eating properly and sleeping more. What do i do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? How do i treat it?
Thank you

This is not likely to be something that is related to what kind of food your dog eats. (btw...I think Royal Canin is an excellent food.)

The most common reason for red dots on a dog is a skin infection. Most skin infections need to be treated with oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet and given for several weeks.

You mentioned that you give flea and tick baths. These types of shampoos don't work well at all for fleas, so if you are suspecting fleas then you'll need to get a prescription product from your vet. Here is an article I wrote to explain what you need to know about fleas.

If this is not going away on its own then definitely Biscuit should see a vet.

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (18132 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7853 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (9877 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (14261 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (5377 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (161902 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8844 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (11830 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (677426 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (5749 views)