Vaginal discharge

Breed: chihuahua
Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a UTI?

I have a few questions for you before typing in a complete answer:

• Is Cheechee spayed?

• Is she acting normally or is she more tired than usual?

• Is she having any problems trying to urinate?

No, she also has a lump in her breast. She has an enlarged heart and did have fluid on her lungs. I am giving her Enalapril and Furosemide to get her in shape for the surgery next month. Shes not eating as much and she is a little lethargic. The Lasix does make her urinate, so she has no problem urinating.

Oh dear...it sounds like poor Cheechee is going through a lot.

The most common reason for a tan sticky discharge from an unspayed female is an infection in the uterus called a pyometra. Unfortunately this is a really serious problem. It almost always needs to be treated by surgery to remove the uterus.

Some dogs with pyometra will have a mild discharge and not be terribly sick. However, with some dogs, they can have very serious infection and the infection can produce toxins that can cause extreme illness, and possibly even death. Pyometra is a condition that needs an emergency vet visit to determine if she needs an emergency surgery today.

There are other things that can cause a discharge from this area, but they are much less common. One thing is a vaginal infection. This is nowhere near as serious as a uterine infection and can usually be treated with antibiotics. Another would be a tumor in the reproductive tract. However, this doesn't usually produce much discharge.

I'm sorry for the bad news, but it sounds like your little one should be seen by a vet today. I really hope everything is ok.

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (8649 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (18493 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (48605 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (13324 views)

Cat pooping in the house. Princess has recently started pooping around the house (about 2 months). I have had... (19431 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (8121 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (10209 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (10947 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (10277 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (6718 views)