Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (31130 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (8344 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (8253 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (23613 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (42181 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (12166 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (18579 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (3850 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (3421 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (4398 views)