Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (21846 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (9461 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (8157 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (5030 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (8770 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (3259 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (8496 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (8728 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (16683 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (8274 views)