Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (4510 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (8524 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (22654 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (8434 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (10141 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (11029 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (9148 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (17390 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (5832 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (4122 views)