Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (11303 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (13026 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (5443 views)

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (4853 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (5205 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (4068 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (9402 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (4165 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (30467 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (446071 views)