Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (4802 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12524 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8563 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (17412 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (39437 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (22085 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (12666 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (18832 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16090 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14020 views)