Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (34550 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13679 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (9595 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (11137 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (11935 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (10707 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (6967 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (50958 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (10515 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (9128 views)