Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (17116 views)

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (13846 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (13527 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (9148 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (15805 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (11465 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (5071 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (41248 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (7499 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (9228 views)