Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (7982 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (6707 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (13851 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13552 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (9917 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5742 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (48791 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8006 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (8424 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (45817 views)