Walking on tip toes.

Breed: rottwieler
my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when she walks she walks on her tip toes on that leg , i wanna know what can i do to get her to walk on her whole foot again ?

Sorry to hear this. There are two possible reasons that I can think of for your dog to walk on her tip toes on the leg that was injured. The first is if there actually was a hairline fracture in, say her pelvis, or even a dislocation. It may be worthwhile to have your vet take another set of xrays to see if there is any obvious problem. If so, she may need to have surgery in order for this to get better.

The next possibility is if there is nerve damage to this leg. The vet should be able to determine if there is nerve damage by examining the leg. Unfortunately if there is nerve damage there is not much we can do. Some dogs will very gradually get better after nerve damage but it could be permanent.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (4407 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (6570 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (7639 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (6435 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (19927 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (29244 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4783 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (7398 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10036 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (20596 views)