House training adult dog.

Breed: mini pin
Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? We are trying to make an informed decision before adopting.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It is my personal opinion that any dog can be housetrained. I have had good success with crate training.

Here are some good resources that may help you:

Crate Training Puppies

Crate Training for Adult Dogs

I hope that all goes well!

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (6714 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (6222 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (14205 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (19080 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8469 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (92845 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4715 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (9039 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45597 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (18137 views)