House training adult dog.

Breed: mini pin
Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? We are trying to make an informed decision before adopting.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It is my personal opinion that any dog can be housetrained. I have had good success with crate training.

Here are some good resources that may help you:

Crate Training Puppies

Crate Training for Adult Dogs

I hope that all goes well!

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (9309 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (25032 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10717 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (13592 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (14537 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (20038 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (10718 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (15161 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8181 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (6382 views)