House training adult dog.

Breed: mini pin
Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? We are trying to make an informed decision before adopting.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It is my personal opinion that any dog can be housetrained. I have had good success with crate training.

Here are some good resources that may help you:

Crate Training Puppies

Crate Training for Adult Dogs

I hope that all goes well!

Disc problems. Hello, Two weeks ago my 9 year old Black Lab start to have problems with his hind... (12069 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (7928 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (29697 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (18764 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (56108 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (20133 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (7668 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (127790 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (8378 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (12784 views)