House training adult dog.

Breed: mini pin
Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? We are trying to make an informed decision before adopting.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It is my personal opinion that any dog can be housetrained. I have had good success with crate training.

Here are some good resources that may help you:

Crate Training Puppies

Crate Training for Adult Dogs

I hope that all goes well!

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (14059 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (20810 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (7294 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (7376 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (17585 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (23941 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (9960 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (6896 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (8919 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (10606 views)