House training adult dog.

Breed: mini pin
Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? We are trying to make an informed decision before adopting.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It is my personal opinion that any dog can be housetrained. I have had good success with crate training.

Here are some good resources that may help you:

Crate Training Puppies

Crate Training for Adult Dogs

I hope that all goes well!

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (18102 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (39024 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (6899 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (74271 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17699 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (53355 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (27035 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (11409 views)

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (16845 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (134805 views)