Dog drinks every 20 minutes.

Breed: chihuahua
I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating normally and has energy we do not feed her from out plate she is about 7 lbs she is not overweight at all.. she wakes me up at night very seldon but occasionally to get a drink. Is this something to be concerned about. During the day she gets up about every 20 minutes to get a drink..should I be concerned.

What's really important is the amount of water she is drinking. A normal dog should not drink more than 65 ml/kg of water. So, for a 7 lb dog this means she should be drinking no more than 206 mls (just under a cup) of water a day.

If she's drinking more than this then I would talk to your vet about testing her for diabetes, kidney disease or other conditions.

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (10155 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (35089 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (4517 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (36473 views)

Pink lump on puppy's belly. Dr, I noticed a wart-like bump on Max's abdomen. I am sending along... (75895 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (14173 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (4371 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (15623 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (111971 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (10432 views)