Dog drinks every 20 minutes.

Breed: chihuahua
I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating normally and has energy we do not feed her from out plate she is about 7 lbs she is not overweight at all.. she wakes me up at night very seldon but occasionally to get a drink. Is this something to be concerned about. During the day she gets up about every 20 minutes to get a drink..should I be concerned.

What's really important is the amount of water she is drinking. A normal dog should not drink more than 65 ml/kg of water. So, for a 7 lb dog this means she should be drinking no more than 206 mls (just under a cup) of water a day.

If she's drinking more than this then I would talk to your vet about testing her for diabetes, kidney disease or other conditions.

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7095 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8560 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (4852 views)

Bobcat with lump. Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was... (7270 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (17536 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15126 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10577 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (12593 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (41983 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (23777 views)