Chihuahua with hair loss.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just recently turned 1. She is a long haired chihuahua. Ever since Sooty lost her puppy fur, she has been bold along her back, tip of the tail, back of the ears and around the eyes. I have taken her to the vets and they took blood, and sent it for lab results. But they didn't find anything wrong with her. They just told me to use flea treatments.Do you have any ideas what would help?

Did you know that some little dogs can have pattern baldness? This could be what this is.

Another possibility is a genetic condition called alopecia X.

Dogs with pattern baldness will not be itchy at all. If she's itchy then there's another reason for the hair loss.

Unfortunately there's no cure for either condition.

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (16567 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (9103 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (51515 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (9208 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (14028 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (29492 views)

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (13872 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (46946 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (78171 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (11088 views)