Chihuahua with hair loss.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just recently turned 1. She is a long haired chihuahua. Ever since Sooty lost her puppy fur, she has been bold along her back, tip of the tail, back of the ears and around the eyes. I have taken her to the vets and they took blood, and sent it for lab results. But they didn't find anything wrong with her. They just told me to use flea treatments.Do you have any ideas what would help?

Did you know that some little dogs can have pattern baldness? This could be what this is.

Another possibility is a genetic condition called alopecia X.

Dogs with pattern baldness will not be itchy at all. If she's itchy then there's another reason for the hair loss.

Unfortunately there's no cure for either condition.

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (5854 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (5416 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (23364 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (9210 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (38250 views)

Cat died. Hit by car? My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from... (24435 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (7692 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (7908 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (8594 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (15868 views)