Chihuahua with hair loss.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just recently turned 1. She is a long haired chihuahua. Ever since Sooty lost her puppy fur, she has been bold along her back, tip of the tail, back of the ears and around the eyes. I have taken her to the vets and they took blood, and sent it for lab results. But they didn't find anything wrong with her. They just told me to use flea treatments.Do you have any ideas what would help?

Did you know that some little dogs can have pattern baldness? This could be what this is.

Another possibility is a genetic condition called alopecia X.

Dogs with pattern baldness will not be itchy at all. If she's itchy then there's another reason for the hair loss.

Unfortunately there's no cure for either condition.

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (53352 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (9625 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (11877 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (33265 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (30446 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4476 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (9361 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (12455 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10351 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11967 views)