Chihuahua with hair loss.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just recently turned 1. She is a long haired chihuahua. Ever since Sooty lost her puppy fur, she has been bold along her back, tip of the tail, back of the ears and around the eyes. I have taken her to the vets and they took blood, and sent it for lab results. But they didn't find anything wrong with her. They just told me to use flea treatments.Do you have any ideas what would help?

Did you know that some little dogs can have pattern baldness? This could be what this is.

Another possibility is a genetic condition called alopecia X.

Dogs with pattern baldness will not be itchy at all. If she's itchy then there's another reason for the hair loss.

Unfortunately there's no cure for either condition.

Dog drinks every 20 minutes. I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating... (18898 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (6264 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (9300 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (22022 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (27587 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (14250 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (6740 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (7152 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (12999 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20635 views)