Chihuahua with hair loss.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just recently turned 1. She is a long haired chihuahua. Ever since Sooty lost her puppy fur, she has been bold along her back, tip of the tail, back of the ears and around the eyes. I have taken her to the vets and they took blood, and sent it for lab results. But they didn't find anything wrong with her. They just told me to use flea treatments.Do you have any ideas what would help?

Did you know that some little dogs can have pattern baldness? This could be what this is.

Another possibility is a genetic condition called alopecia X.

Dogs with pattern baldness will not be itchy at all. If she's itchy then there's another reason for the hair loss.

Unfortunately there's no cure for either condition.

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (8354 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (52068 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10252 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (7087 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15458 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10133 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16857 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5613 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (18938 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (12184 views)