Kitten panting.

Breed: DSH
My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. My 7 month cat loves to fetch a foam golf ball, and will do it until he starts to pant, although briefly. Is this normal for a young cat, or should I have him checked for a possible health problem? I don't recall any other cat I've had panting.

I have seen a few kittens that pant when they are active. In most cases it is nothing to worry about. However, sometimes this can be a sign of a serious heart condition.

If he does this occasionally and it doesn't seem to be getting worse, then I would simply limit the amount of time he spends playing ball.

But, if it is getting worse or happening very regularly then you should have your vet check his heart.

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (11876 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (20347 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (17838 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (14283 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (10902 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (98493 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (17542 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (27487 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (14800 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (51372 views)