Kitten panting.

Breed: DSH
My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. My 7 month cat loves to fetch a foam golf ball, and will do it until he starts to pant, although briefly. Is this normal for a young cat, or should I have him checked for a possible health problem? I don't recall any other cat I've had panting.

I have seen a few kittens that pant when they are active. In most cases it is nothing to worry about. However, sometimes this can be a sign of a serious heart condition.

If he does this occasionally and it doesn't seem to be getting worse, then I would simply limit the amount of time he spends playing ball.

But, if it is getting worse or happening very regularly then you should have your vet check his heart.

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (6995 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (15203 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (4603 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (14985 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (5510 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (7570 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (27499 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (13289 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (9038 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (14459 views)