Kitten panting.

Breed: DSH
My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. My 7 month cat loves to fetch a foam golf ball, and will do it until he starts to pant, although briefly. Is this normal for a young cat, or should I have him checked for a possible health problem? I don't recall any other cat I've had panting.

I have seen a few kittens that pant when they are active. In most cases it is nothing to worry about. However, sometimes this can be a sign of a serious heart condition.

If he does this occasionally and it doesn't seem to be getting worse, then I would simply limit the amount of time he spends playing ball.

But, if it is getting worse or happening very regularly then you should have your vet check his heart.

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (19680 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (39580 views)

Regurgitating water. Hello, Dr Marie. My cocker spaniel just recently started regurgitating water. He... (10704 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (8432 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (11987 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (11101 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (4485 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (20925 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (9749 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (13101 views)