Kitten panting.

Breed: DSH
My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. My 7 month cat loves to fetch a foam golf ball, and will do it until he starts to pant, although briefly. Is this normal for a young cat, or should I have him checked for a possible health problem? I don't recall any other cat I've had panting.

I have seen a few kittens that pant when they are active. In most cases it is nothing to worry about. However, sometimes this can be a sign of a serious heart condition.

If he does this occasionally and it doesn't seem to be getting worse, then I would simply limit the amount of time he spends playing ball.

But, if it is getting worse or happening very regularly then you should have your vet check his heart.

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (31422 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5565 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6686 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (7385 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8610 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21985 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (16442 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (13327 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8887 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (10334 views)