Sick hamster or hibernating.

Breed: Dwaft
Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about its age. It has a click sound when it breath .. Her eyes is close but it seems wattery . When i touch her , she seems to react but her eyes remain close . What happen ? Please help !

Sorry to hear that Cola is not well. It does sound like she is having some serious problems.

It is often hard to know what is going on when a hamster is sick.

Hamsters can sometimes go into hibernation if the area that they live in is cold. However, what you are describing sounds more like a very sick hamster than a hibernating one.

It's not a bad idea, however, to put a little space heater near her cage just in case.

When a hamster is really sick there is often not a lot we can do for them. However, a visit to a vet who sees hamsters is a good idea.

I wish I could offer you more advice. I hope everything is ok.

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (26786 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (5601 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (32438 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (8107 views)

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (147328 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (6520 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (27014 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (11049 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (19787 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (7826 views)