Sick hamster or hibernating.

Breed: Dwaft
Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about its age. It has a click sound when it breath .. Her eyes is close but it seems wattery . When i touch her , she seems to react but her eyes remain close . What happen ? Please help !

Sorry to hear that Cola is not well. It does sound like she is having some serious problems.

It is often hard to know what is going on when a hamster is sick.

Hamsters can sometimes go into hibernation if the area that they live in is cold. However, what you are describing sounds more like a very sick hamster than a hibernating one.

It's not a bad idea, however, to put a little space heater near her cage just in case.

When a hamster is really sick there is often not a lot we can do for them. However, a visit to a vet who sees hamsters is a good idea.

I wish I could offer you more advice. I hope everything is ok.

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (6134 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (44924 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (71474 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (44951 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (19108 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (18567 views)

Duck jerky making dogs sick? If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both... (8203 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (14241 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (10079 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (16189 views)