Sick hamster or hibernating.

Breed: Dwaft
Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about its age. It has a click sound when it breath .. Her eyes is close but it seems wattery . When i touch her , she seems to react but her eyes remain close . What happen ? Please help !

Sorry to hear that Cola is not well. It does sound like she is having some serious problems.

It is often hard to know what is going on when a hamster is sick.

Hamsters can sometimes go into hibernation if the area that they live in is cold. However, what you are describing sounds more like a very sick hamster than a hibernating one.

It's not a bad idea, however, to put a little space heater near her cage just in case.

When a hamster is really sick there is often not a lot we can do for them. However, a visit to a vet who sees hamsters is a good idea.

I wish I could offer you more advice. I hope everything is ok.

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (15217 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (5905 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (40402 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (32249 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (15428 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (26506 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (25931 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (23048 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (11399 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (20109 views)