Sick hamster or hibernating.

Breed: Dwaft
Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about its age. It has a click sound when it breath .. Her eyes is close but it seems wattery . When i touch her , she seems to react but her eyes remain close . What happen ? Please help !

Sorry to hear that Cola is not well. It does sound like she is having some serious problems.

It is often hard to know what is going on when a hamster is sick.

Hamsters can sometimes go into hibernation if the area that they live in is cold. However, what you are describing sounds more like a very sick hamster than a hibernating one.

It's not a bad idea, however, to put a little space heater near her cage just in case.

When a hamster is really sick there is often not a lot we can do for them. However, a visit to a vet who sees hamsters is a good idea.

I wish I could offer you more advice. I hope everything is ok.

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (11174 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (16302 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (7907 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (18638 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7678 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (6603 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10054 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (22702 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5712 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (24279 views)