Sick hamster or hibernating.

Breed: Dwaft
Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about its age. It has a click sound when it breath .. Her eyes is close but it seems wattery . When i touch her , she seems to react but her eyes remain close . What happen ? Please help !

Sorry to hear that Cola is not well. It does sound like she is having some serious problems.

It is often hard to know what is going on when a hamster is sick.

Hamsters can sometimes go into hibernation if the area that they live in is cold. However, what you are describing sounds more like a very sick hamster than a hibernating one.

It's not a bad idea, however, to put a little space heater near her cage just in case.

When a hamster is really sick there is often not a lot we can do for them. However, a visit to a vet who sees hamsters is a good idea.

I wish I could offer you more advice. I hope everything is ok.

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (9733 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (14958 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4334 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (27437 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (24324 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15242 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (10655 views)

Stopped prednisolone suddenly. Hi Dr. Marie, My 2.5 year old cat, Pebbles, was diagnosed with pretty severe... (19730 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (15038 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (8950 views)