Sick hamster or hibernating.

Breed: Dwaft
Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about its age. It has a click sound when it breath .. Her eyes is close but it seems wattery . When i touch her , she seems to react but her eyes remain close . What happen ? Please help !

Sorry to hear that Cola is not well. It does sound like she is having some serious problems.

It is often hard to know what is going on when a hamster is sick.

Hamsters can sometimes go into hibernation if the area that they live in is cold. However, what you are describing sounds more like a very sick hamster than a hibernating one.

It's not a bad idea, however, to put a little space heater near her cage just in case.

When a hamster is really sick there is often not a lot we can do for them. However, a visit to a vet who sees hamsters is a good idea.

I wish I could offer you more advice. I hope everything is ok.

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (43903 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11733 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (28102 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (11622 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (23857 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (11414 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (18684 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (9351 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (15071 views)

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (10997 views)